Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Market canceled

I stayed up way late reading a book. I fell asleep sooner than usual, but still. When the alarm went off I ignored it, went back to sleep and got up an hour later.
After the usual morning stuff, I was alarmed to see a puddle of blood on the floor. On closer examination, I discovered it was poke berry juice dripping from a zip-lock bag that had holes in it. I put the berries on a cookie sheet and left them outside to dry. I soaked the bag in a bucket of soapy water to get all the purple juice out.
Around 9:30 I went quilting. I brought in the tubs of leftovers in for everyone to partake of. I worked by hand on the binding of the fandango quilt. Beverly was next to me, sewing squares together for a twister quilt. She had a box of clothes that needed to be hemmed shorter, but nothing was marked so I couldn't do it.
Afterward, we went to the Asian store for kimbap. When I got home, I ate kimbap for breakfast, and a few other things. I listened to a talk on the dangers of 5G. I just had time for a quick walk around the circle, then went to church.
I entered all the offering data in to the computer. The proceeds of the rummage sale were a little confusing because they were allotted to Still Serving Vets, and line 808, whatever that is. I had trouble printing the reports because the light in the copy room did not work. When that was done, I stopped at the restroom. One of the toilets was running continuously. I checked in the tank and the flapper was completely disengaged, so I turned the water off and left a note in the office.
I laid down on a pew while waiting for Elaine. When she arrived, we went to a back room to do some allergy clearings. Then we parted I took the money (with considerable cash from the rummage sale) to the bank, and waited while the cashier counted it all. Then I went to the farmer's market for tomatoes, but it was closed and vendors were packing up early due to storm. Ironically it wasn't raining at that point. I just went home.
I checked the mail and there was a package. I opened it to find a pill bottle sandwiched between foam bumpers with a small cold pack, which was quite warm from the heat of the mail box. It was testosterone and a little melty.
I went for another walk around the circle, hoping the rain would not come back. Then I made my usual breakfast for supper. I also had some heart meat. I worked on the chinese coins backing and listened to 5G talks – the higher speeds will enable technocrats to monitor everything and everyone in real time and make reliable predictive models. Like predicting crimes, and controlling populations.
I talked to Chris on Skype. We were both yawning and he told me to go to bed. Then I watched one episode each of Royal Pains and Frasier. I sat in the bathroom to read a book for just a few minutes, but it turned out to be hours. It was a mystery novel by Victoria Holt, so old that I had to hold it together while reading. Around midnight, I came to my senses and put the book down so I could write to my blog.
* This is Lauri's quilt from yesterday. Good use of large print. *

No comments: