Saturday, August 24, 2019

The search

This morning I turned off the alarm and laid down again. I had actually slept pretty well. When I got up, I stripped bed and started laundry. I listened to a podcast from the oral health summit. The speaker talked about the benefits of humming for sinus health, insomnia, and relaxation of facial muscles and body. I condensed my morning routine, and ate breakfast at 10. I noticed the insinkerator didn't work, and there were fewer fruit flies. A coincidence? Probably.
I headed to church, stopping at a new thrift/consignment place on the way. I drove right past it because it looked so questionable. When I did go in, it was packed with stuff. I asked the checkout lady if they had any crock pots. She didn't think so but welcomed me to look. It was three large rooms. I looked through numerous booths. I saw all kinds of things, but not a crock pot.
Finally, I left and went on to the church. There was less than half an hour left of their sale. Susan said only Lars could price the shepherd hooks. When I asked, he said $5 each. So I paid at the welcome center. I started helping to pack up. The puzzles were gone. There was some white fabric and fusible web. I bought that and put it in my car, hoping it wouldn't be a hot mess later. I wrapped dishware in paper and bubblewrap to be boxed. Soon, everything was boxed, but the truck hadn't come yet. Paige and I filled a cart in the cloak room with it's previous contents. I talked to Doris for a bit, then I said goodbye so I could go to the Sew-signment sale. Someone asked if I was going to help sell. I said yes, in a manner of speaking.
I drove to Trinity and found my way to a large room, filled with fabric, machines, magazines, rulers, etc. I greeted people I knew. I circled the fabric tables with everyone else and picked up a few packets of leftover pieces. Some packets were priced low, but some were pretty high. Then I got in line and waited to pay. My total was $27. I joked with the checkers, then headed out.
On the way home, I stopped at the Humane Society Thrift Store. I thought surely they would have a crock pot, but I was sadly mistaken. So I went home, potless.
It was after lunch, so I ate a banana and chocolate and nuts. I forgot to take my lunch supplements. I played podcast after podcast while examining my new fabrics and trying to make a project out of them. I added some rows to one quilt top and a border to another. One project leftover pile had squares and strips of every size. I wondered what pattern called for that.
At 6:30 I stopped for supper. Then I took a walk around the circle and such. I did not get too far from the house because it was getting dark and looking like rain. When I got back, I finished up the sewing and podcasts.
I started watching an episode of Royal Pains. Chris called me on Skype. We chatted for a bit, but didn't have much to say. He hung up and I went back to the episode. But then I remembered the garbage disposal. I called him back to tell him about it. He said to hit the reset switch on the bottom. After the call, I found the reset button and pressed it. But the motor would still not turn on. So I sent him a message about it. Then I watched the rest of the episode, and also one of Frasier.
I took my bedtime supplements. I jotted some notes for my blog, then folded laundry and put a clean sheet on the bed. I did it as well as I could, considering I can't lift the corners of the mattress. I finished my blog post, and got ready for bed.
* I did a double-take when I walked past this lady. *

No comments: