Thursday, August 15, 2019

Ditching the itch

I went to bed very late last night because of napping. There was the usual loud ringing in my head. I matched the high pitch with my voice. When I stopped, the ringing had stopped! For 5 seconds anyway. So I did it again, several times. Always the same result.

My alarm rang at the usual time but I did not get up until 8. I replayed the last few tracks of the book on CD because I slept through them yesterday. I did the usual morning stuff. I listened to an interview and rolled muscles at the same time.
At 11 I made and ate breakfast. I packed my 4 latest quilt tops in a bag. Then I cast about for a project to work on. I looked through the tub with the Fandango quilt parts in it. But I would need to cut strips to go with it. So I grabbed the wallhanging and some squares. Then I went to quilting.
On the way to Stitch-Its, I stopped at an auto place to buy a bottle of Sta-bil for Chris' car. When I got to my destination, there were very few cars. I carried my machine inside and set up between Marjorie and Pat. Pat gave me a gift bag to say thanks for helping her with library stuff this past year. There was a large pin cushion, wipes, an ornament, and a small jar of 'quilt starter'. Pat held up my quilt tops for me so I could take pics of time before I turn them in.
I sorted my squares from light to dark. Then I sewed them together in pairs and then in 4 patches. But there were more darks than lights so I needed to cut more squares.

On the way home, I stopped at a thrift shop to look for a crock pot. But they only had small ones. Then I went home. As I was pulling stuff from my trunk, I noticed my neighbor leaving her car. I called out to her and we talked for some time standing in the driveway.
After our chat, I ate a banana with chocolate and nuts. I drank some coconut water and went outside to mow. I got about halfway through when the battery ran low. So I plugged in the mower, and raked the grass.
When I came in, I ate some of the beef tongue, thinking it did not come out well. Maybe a pressure cooker would do a better job. I considered the curved panels I had sewn and the fabrics I had thrown over them. I decided to cut two squares, cut through them and sew them back together in opposite order. I placed those blocks by the strip curves, but nothing suggested itself as a next step.
I looked up cradle cap. It can be caused by a fungus, so I mixed baking soda with coconut oil and rubbed it on the scalp around my ear, well into the hair line. It stung! But once the pain faided, the itch was gone as well. Lets hope it lasts. I also looked at tuning forks on Amazon again. Then my phone rang. It was Lars letting me know that a certain offering check was designated for Still Serving Vets. I promised to make the change next week.
I made and ate a salad, which led to me being a little late calling my tapping buddy. But it was ok with her. We tapped for my issues of worrying about things I can't see, like wi-fi, air pollution, GMO ingredients, pesticides, toxic chemicals, geopathic stress, etc. For once, it did not seem to help. I had a headache and it was getting worse.
I called Chris on Skype. We talked for awhile. He said his replacement finally got his exceptions to policy and the whole process could now continue. During the conversation, I realized that someone is having a birthday and I forgot to send a card.
I watched en episode of Royal Pains while drinking cups of water. I turned on Wholetones while I wrote my blog post. I wore my blue-blocking glasses to rest my eyes while I typed. When I finished, I chose a pic and posted my blog so I could go to bed.
* This is the quilt Annie was working on. *

No comments: