Saturday, March 7, 2020

All this and a time change too

I got up to stop the hot flashes. But I went back to bed to cuddle with Chris. I got up after the alarm went off to brush and swish. I practiced my trombone. I listened to episodes of Regenerate Yourself while ironing fabric and cutting it into 27”, 9” and 2” strips for pillowcases. I took supplements on schedule. Then I made a batch of hummus. The hardest part was stirring the tahini. Isn't there one that doesn't separate?
I made and ate breakfast, still listening to audios. I took a walk around the circle. I packed a bag with seed crackers and hummus and a banana. I also made two bottles of vitamin water. I double checked the route, then drove to the hotel where the modern quilt guild is having a sewing weekend. I timed the trip at 20 minutes.
I parked across the street and went inside the hotel to find the room where the sewing was taking place. The ladies found me a place to set up in a corner. I went out to my car, and drove it into the hotel parking lot which turned out to be a one-way deal. I rolled my sewing machine inside the sliding door and set up in a corner. I talked to Kerry about what to work on and she gave me some space blocks to do. I turned in all the strips I had cut. As I worked on the blocks, I talked to Denisa. She is a doctor of anesthesia. We talked about vaccination and the coronavirus. When I finished the blocks, Kerry gave me sashing to sew them together, so I did. Mostly. There was one block missing.
Sherri asked me to order some oregano oil for her, so I texted Jennifer. It was too late to get in on her March order. So she made a special order and I ordered a blend for myself.
Then Kerry gave me a rectangle with a name on it to sew onto a pillowcase. When I finished, she gave me another set of blocks, of the same pattern. I took a break to eat my snack and take some supplements. Then I made 11 blocks, still one missing.
Since I planned to come back tomorrow, I did not pack up. I just took my purse and the 11 blocks that needed trimming. I walked out to the parking lot, noting that it looked different in the dark. I wondered if I would have trouble finding my way home. I did have trouble finding my way out of the parking area. And then I wasn't sure where I was, but I did eventually find University Dr, and took Sparkman to Patton and was on the Arsenal in 20 minutes.
Chris was on his laptop. He had made ox-tail and sweet potatoes and rice. I helped myself to a bowl of rice and meat. I reviewed the guest room and concluded that Chris did a good job of getting it ready with clean sheets and such. I checked e-mail until Chris was ready. Then he and I watched one episode of Call the Midwife. While he prepared to go to the airport to pick up Herberth, I moved my essentials from the hall bath to the master bathroom. Then I sat down to write my blog post so I could be in bed before they got back. I didn't want to be antisocial, but in the past Chris has gone to bed leaving me to entertain a talkative guest. I am sure I will see Herberth in the morning.
* This is the first set of blocks I worked on. *

No comments: