Monday, March 30, 2020

There's more where that came from

I got up at 8, thinking I had heard my 8:30 alarm. But clearly I couldn't have. Chris was at his laptop listening to men at other locations give their base Covid status. I took a supplement, then brushed and swished. For some reason, the last update to my computer had turned on the backlit keyboard. I scoured the web looking for a solution. None of them worked for my computer. I ended up on the HP site and found the info I needed. It was quite simple.
I worked on the masks. When I checked my laptop to see the weather report, I ended up reading e-mail. I worked on the masks some more, taking apart mistakes and doing them over.
At 11:20, I got ready and drove over to the MWR garden area. Sherry was waiting for me. We went walking for about 50 minutes and discussed mask-making. When we got back to my car, I gave back the book she lent me.
When I got home, the pest control people were next door. I was talking to Chris while making breakfast, when they called us out back. I saw termites flying around my windowsill after they sprayed in the weep hole under it! I dashed over to the vacuum and sucked up all the critters I could see. But like yesterday, I had to wait for the stragglers, and pick them off as they emerged. After awhile, I finished my breakfast, then caught a few more stragglers. I read e-mail and watched videos of songs rewritten to refer to the coronavirus. I emptied my vacuum into a bag and put it in the outdoor trash. I did not see anything moving in there.
I finished the masks as much as I could, considering that I had now forgotten who ordered which fabrics. Two of them were supposed to have ties instead of elastic, but which ones? I took a pic of what I had and sent it to Gabriele for her opinion.
I went to the post office, and got 3 packages. I brought them home, and opened them. Two of them were supplements, but not the vitamin C that I ordered. I read e-mail for awhile and cleaned my sewing area so there would be no more surprises. I asked Chris to break off an aloe branch. I scooped it out, put it in a container, and refrigerated it. It reminded me of ectoplasmic residue. I went out to check the mail. The world was wet because it had rained, but had stopped. I found another package of supplements in there.
After checking my e-mail again, I filled a bowl with corned beef stew. I read as I ate. I also made a large salad and ate that. I soaked a cotton ball in vitamin C and placed it in my left nostril. I took a mask that was cut wrong and made a smaller size from it.
When Chris had finished his game, we didn't know what to watch. Chris perused Netflix. We tried watching one and a half episodes of Ranch. Chris seemed to like the humor, but it fell flat on me. Then we tried the first episode of Locke and Key. It was interesting, but the blurb says it purports to have an element of horror. That is not something I want to see before going to bed. Afterward, Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and get ready for bed.
* One left to go. *

No comments: