Thursday, March 19, 2020

Visiting a friend

It was a rough night. I don't know what the problem was. M neck hurt and I couldn't get comfortable. I got up about 3 and took more magnesium then went back to bed. I slept late, then ruminated until almost 9.
I took my first supplement, then brushed and swished. I sent Sherry a text about the essential oil and we agreed to meet at noon. I read e-mail and listened to the next episode in the oral health summit. I also texted with Myra. Around 11:25, I practiced my trombone by playing the soprano, tenor and bass lines of the two pieces Jennifer gave me. Then I put $15 in an envelop. I unwrapped the essential oils and put mine away, then rewrapped the other one. I walked to the RV park to see Sherry and give her the oil and her change. I stayed to see her wee sewing room and two little dogs. Then I walked home, timing it at 20 minutes, and getting sprinkled with rain at the end.
I prepared breakfast. I ate it while listening to an audio on the coronavirus. I called Michele, and we had a nice chat. For once she didn't seem to be in a hurry to get me off the phone. I found a message from Stacey, so I replied. Then, since the rain quit, I sat in the back yard and read the book Sherry loaned me. It was a James Patterson book. I sat with my bare feet in the grass and read numerous chapters.
Finally I decided to come in. When I stood up, the 5pm retreat sounded. Chris was home. He said his office would only have one person on duty for the foreseeable future and they were all taking turns. He said he signed up for Wednesdays. So he'll start working from home tomorrow. Lovely.
I read Stacey's latest message and replied, then put on shorts and different shoes. I brought the weed whacker from the back. I carried it out the front door and set it down while I checked the poinsettia for moisture. Then Stacey came over. We walked to her house and put the whacker on her front porch. Then we walked at least three times around the circle, chatting all the way and much closer than 6 feet. She said I could set up a sewing machine in her spare bedroom and work there if I needed space from Chris. Then she went in her house and I came home.
I listened to interviews from the sleep summit. I made big salad and also had a piece of pork with kimchi. After eating, I microwaved a sock of rice and laid it on my neck while I relaxed on the couch. I stayed there until Chris was ready to watch TV. Then I took some magnesium and water mixed with the PM vitamin packet. We watched two episodes of Call the Midwife. Then he went to bed, without making a sandwich, and I stayed up to blog, wondering how this working-at-home arrangement will play out.
* Here is a pic from the last modern quilt guild sewing weekend. *

No comments: