Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Firefox wins

I woke up a little early. When I got out of bed it was almost time for the alarm. I brushed and swished. I listened to the audios that would not play last night. Everything was working fine this morning. I checked e-mail and did my exercises. I made coffee and put on meditation music. I did my tapping and such. Then I cleaned the bathrooms. There was black stuff growing up from the corner of the tub. I dripped the vodka solution on it, and then threw some baking soda at it. I left it to soak while I cleaned the kitchen. Then I took a shower and scrubbed off as much as I could. After my shower, I turned on the box fan and the exhaust fan to dry out the little room as much as possible.
I got dressed. I washed the dishes in the sink. I read more e-mail. I made breakfast and ate it. Then I took the now empty kimchi container and went to the Korean clinic.
I tapped on the way because I was not looking forward to settling their online problems. However, when I got there, he said the problem from last week was all handled. She took the empty kimchi container and said she'd give me more. I asked for only a little bit. He wanted me to recertify his student loan. I spent quite some time because the site insisted that his browsers were not supported. He had Edge and IE. Edge didn't work and IE would let me sign in, but got stuck in a loop. Finally I called someone. She answered the question about why it was pulling in the 2018 tax form. We got his part of the re-certification done, but then she had to sign it also, from her account. IE would not permit this.
I decided to try her laptop just in case. When I got to her desk, she had a new desktop and it had Firefox. Firefox worked beautifully. I told him we needed to use hers next time.
He asked if I had time for a foot bath. I could not finish it before 4, but I felt I earned it, so I said yes. She rubbed the corn on my foot and said she'd burn it off next time. Yikes! I soaked for half an hour, as the water got darker and darker. She insisted that it was much better than when I first came there. Afterward, she sent me home with kimchi, an apple, and an orange.
Chris was home by then. I greeted him, then wrote a check to put in the mail. I took a 'not at this address' envelop with me. I put them both in and checked our mail box, but there was nothing to pick up. When I came back in, I noticed a box by my chair. I opened it to find an AM/PM multivitamin box. I put it aside until I could read up on how to take the packets. I took a quick walk around the circle as it was getting dark.
I read e-mail and had supper. I finished several leftovers and ate the apple and orange that Dr. Grace had given me. I also had some seed crackers. It was just after 6:30 when I left for church.
People were sitting in the sanctuary. I picked up a copy of the service, spoke to others who were picking up theirs as well, then went in and sat down. Don L chided me for being late. Jennifer was already singing the lead part. It was a musical service with an interlude of speaking. Susan read the verse and spoke about what it meant to her. When the service was over, I put the program back for next week. I assembled with the choir, and we practiced for 45 minutes. Then, as I was packing to leave, Jennifer and Cherry asked my opinion on how to affix the black fabric to the back of the piano to hide the sound board. We traded suggestions, and then I left through the front doors, checking to make sure they were locked.
I drove home in the rain, wishing for better sight and wondering if I am too old to drive in the rain. When I got home, Chris was watching Michele playing a game on the internet. She and half a dozen others were in a basement somewhere, televising the game they were playing. Some role-playing game I guess. Chris queued up Call the Midwife while I made my evening drink of C and magnesium. We watched one episode. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to blog and put liquid on the itch on my head. The itch has moved away from my ear thankfully.
* The daffodils we dug up are starting to bloom. *

No comments: