Sunday, April 26, 2020

A day for digging

I got up between 7:30 and 8:30. I washed up and got dressed. I brushed and swished. I could see activity around the moving truck parked in front of Stacey's house. Soon it was gone. I started two masks. I checked e-mail.
I was getting ready to watch our church service when Chris said he was ready to shop. So I looked around and put some stuff on the grocery list. Then we went to Publix for food. We found most of what we wanted. I forgot to put sprouts on the list so we didn't get that. More people were wearing masks today, and most of them were made at home.
When we got home, I saw Faye had called so I called her back. She wanted me to order her a book on Amazon for church next week. She hadn't been reading my blog so I called her attention to Chris' new job, and that we'll be moving sometime. I made myself breakfast, and ate it while sitting in front of my laptop, participating in an e-mail meeting of the church. The president asked if anyone had questions about the new by-laws, and then we e-mailed in our votes. Afterward, I watched the pre-recorded church service. That had more info on the meeting at the end, but it didn't change anything.
I looked up Faye's book and called her to settle some details and then I ordered it. I tried to find the other thing she wanted, but had no luck. I pulled up the next episode from the vaccine summit:
Excess trivalent flu vaccine is considered hazardous waste because of the thimerosal. Acetaminophen reduces body's ability to detoxify. Never give it to someone who has just been vaccinated.
Then I watched a mask video where the maker used a pony bead to adjust the length of the elastic. Hmmm. I wondered if I could make that work for me.
The sun was out, but it was windy. I walked to the main street and crossed it. I picked a bunch of red clover and put it in a bag. When I got home, it occurred to me to go to the back of the neighborhood and dig up a certain plant that seemed like it should be a flowering bulb. So I brought a trowel and bag. When I got there, I dug one up, a young one. I also found something similar by the peony, but there was only one of it and it looked beaten. I decided to relocate it for its own safety. I also dug up a yellow wildflower and a wild lettuce plant. When I got back to the house, I planted the daffodils that were in my small pots and made room for the stuff I dug up today.
I worked on the masks. Chris cooked bacon from Publix in the oven, and roasted brussel sprouts in the bacon fat from yesterday. I made egg salad with the bacon mayonnaise. It wasn't very good until I added salt and pepper. It was a great improvement and also pointed to the probability that yesterday's bacon wasn't cured. I also had a can of soup and some other stuff.
I finished the two masks, one using strips of mustache fabric that someone gave me, and one using star fabric. I made them in the one long string style. I pulled up the song Matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof.
When Chris was ready, we watched one episode of Inspector Lynley. They run about 90 minutes, so there is only time for one. Soon after, he went to bed. I stayed up to blog and try a pre-bed remedy for insomnia.
* bacon mayonnaise *

No comments: