Saturday, April 25, 2020

Stacey's last day

I got up late, I think. I had cut out half a mask last night. Today I cut out the same pattern, but in reverse. So I made a mask with symmetrical fabric print. Chris offered me a coconut oil massage and I accepted. We put towels on the bed to protect the bamboo sheets from the oil. Afterward, we each took a shower. After the shower, I oiled my scalp to stop the itch.
I listened to the latest episode from the vaccine summit. I made and ate breakfast. I sat outside and read until the rain came. I tried watching a movie called Secret Ingredients, but did not finish it because I wasn't learning anything new.
On Messenger, I texted with Myra and Gwenda, letting them know about Chris' job offer. Chris oven-roasted the bacon I bought yesterday. Then I used the fat drippings to make mayonnaise. It did not work the first time, so I had to start again with fresh egg yolks and lemon juice. But the second time, Chris poured in the first batch slowly while I whipped the yolks and juice. And then there was mayonnaise. I tried some on an arapa. It was ok but too spicy due to the cayenne pepper Chris used in making the arapas and on the bacon. I decided I will try it for egg salad tomorrow. I ate the last of the beef heart. I dipped some arapa in the chocolate wine sauce. That was really good.
The sun came out again, so I pulled weeds and trimmed around the edge of the back yard. I ate some wild strawberries that were growing there. They tasted like cardboard, but are probably nutritious.
I cut and ironed fabric for 2 more masks. I cleaned out the bobbin area with a Q-tip. Chris asked me if I wanted to go to Stacey's house to say goodbye. So we did. There was a large moving van that they had packed earlier. When we got to the door, Stacey was there with a friend. As we all chatted, Eric came in with the friend's husband and food. Although we continued talking, I realized they wanted to have supper, so we kept that in mind. Stacey hugged me, and then Chris and I left.
When we got home, I made salad for supper. I listened to an interview and read e-mail, missing most of what the interview was about. Then I finished making the masks. Chris put in a DVD of Inspector Lynley. While we watched, I threaded a shoestring into the channels of both masks. I had to use a straw to get the ends through. After the show, we dressed the bed with clean sheets. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to sip my magnesium drink and write to my blog.
* Oh, the symmetry! *

No comments: