Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The price of gas has tanked

I got up at 8:15. I brushed and swished. I rinsed my sprouts. I finished Patrick's face mask. I checked my e-mail, then took a shower and got dressed. William called. I asked if he and Karen needed face masks. He said they had it covered, but when I mentioned train fabric, he said I could make one.
I had all my face masks in two baggies. I took them to the Korean clinic. I let Dr. Grace choose the face masks she wanted. They were for her daughter and son-in-law so I let her pay for them. She then showed me a piece of mail that she was concerned about. I saw no reason for her to sign the papers for opting out, so she ripped them up. Then they seemed to be ready to leave the store, so I left first. I went to a $ store and got more head band elastic.
When I got back, I made and ate breakfast. I texted with Kurt, who wanted more facemasks, probably for other people. I cut out two blue facemasks. Chris moved some boxes in the sewing room so I could get my denim box, but when I went through it, none of it was soft enough. I also found my QOV bag, which means more patriotic fabrics.
Michele called her dad, but he was on a telecon at the time. So instead of calling me, she waited. Afterward, either she called him or he called her. Anyway, she was having symptoms and wanted to know what to do. Chris didn't think she had IT. I suggested she gargle with vinegar diluted with water, and then get out in the sun.
On the way to church, I stopped at a big $ store. I looked all around, but they had no hairbands like the ones I have been using. I didn't see any shoestrings either. Then I went to church to record the offering. I did that, but the internet was out, so I could not send the reports to the copy machine to print out. I called the president, and agreed to send him a screen shot of the report and print later.
When I finished, I visited Bertha, who lives right around the corner. We had a nice chat and she gave me some garden wire for nose pieces, and a pattern for a mask that uses it. After an hour, I left to go to the bank. I deposited the offering, then headed back to base. I stopped for gas and was surprised to pay only $1.55 per gallon.
When I got home, I texted with Kurt. I e-mailed the screen shot to the president, and printed more forms. I put on my walking shoes and accompanied Stacey around the block 3.5 times. Then she went home for dinner. I did the same, having beef heart, half a sweet potato and the rest of the grocery store sprouts.
I listened to one chapter of Lizzy Albright, then watched one episode of Royal Pains. Chris and I watched two episodes of Supergirl. He went to bed and I didn't. Too many things to take care of before going to bed.

No comments: