Sunday, April 12, 2020

A very rainy day

We stayed in bed through the first alarm. Chris was giving me a coconut oil massage when the second one went off. Later he took a shower. I waited until the oil on my feet soaked in before I took mine, not wanting to slip and fall.
I got dressed and brushed and swished. I pulled up the link to our Easter service, which was recorded a week ago. But for some reason it started in the middle, like it was a live broadcast. I finished the recording and then was available to shop with Chris. He told me to check the grocery list, so I did, adding hair elastics and shoestrings for masks. Then I finished parsing out supplements for the week, at which point I noticed I had forgotten to take the supper ones yesterday.
I gathered the plastic bags for recycling and we went to Publix. Of course they were closed for Easter, and I think we get surprised by this every year. So we decided to go back tomorrow, and we went home. I read e-mail, checking my blog for past years to see what we did. Two years ago we went to Kroger, and last year Chris came home with groceries and didn't say where he got them. I re-threaded my machine, then asked Chris if he wanted to go to Kroger. He did, so we did, but they closed at 2pm, 2 minutes before we got there. Then we tried Target, but they were closed too. Then we went to Fresh Market. They were open till 4 so we did some shopping, but didn't find almost half of what was on our list.
When we got home, he unpacked the bags and I washed the items. I read more e-mail, and composed a response to something on my Facebook page. I listened to an interview on candida imbalance while sewing mask pieces together and getting a head start on the order of 7.
It rained. I remembered Stacey saying she needed thread, so I went to Stacey's house with a cone of thread, a thread stand, and two kinds of wire. I sat at her kitchen table and we had a nice girlfriend-type chat. She showed me the many facemasks she had made from the scraps I gave her. She also offered to cut my hair if I gave her three pics of the kind of cut I want.
When I got home at 7, I had heart meatloaf for supper. I tried it with black pepper, then cayenne pepper, then pickled garlic, vinegar, olive oil. The pickled garlic overwhelmed it. For dessert, I ate a square of dark chocolate with 5 halves of dried jujube. They were an excellent combination.
I watched one episode of Royal Pains and ate a can of vegetable soup. Then I prepared my nightly drink while Chris finished up his game. We sat down to watch Supergirl and Chris folded laundry while I sipped. After the second episode, we dressed the bed with bamboo sheets and he went to bed. I stayed up to blog and do last-minute things.
* This is my brother-in-law *

No comments: