Monday, April 13, 2020

Why is the wire always gone?

Chris got up early and actually went to work for a while. I stayed in bed until after 8. I got up to brush and swish. I worked on four male masks until it was time to pin on the ties. I needed more shoestrings and only had one pair. So I finished one mask. Then it was time to take the next supplement. I also turned on my laptop and checked e-mail, looking for an interview to listen to. But Chris came home while I was looking.
I made more green mix. I spent a lot of time going through past photos looking for ones of me with short hair. I ate breakfast while reading e-mail, then read a book outside. It wasn't sunny but there was daylight. I went in when I got cold. I sat at my sewing machine and made three women's masks with elastic. Beverly called to check on me and said she has a source for elastic if I run out.
I went to the post office and mailed masks to three people. I also picked up a package and some mail. When I got back, Chris asked me how hard it was to add a nose piece to his mask and I said not hard at all if you don't care how it looks. I satin-stitched a piece of wire to the inside of Chris' mask in a minute or two. And that was all the wire that was left.
Chris and I went to Publix for the groceries we didn't get yesterday. They did not have the hair elastics I have been using, nor did we find shoe laces for ties. So we stopped at Wal-Greens. I got some laces, but no hair elastics. Then we stopped at the dollar store. Again, laces but no elastics. We went home. I checked the mailbox and found a letter for a previous resident. I marked it 'not at this address' and put it in the mail slot.
I checked my messages. Jennifer the choir director sent me a CoViD rendition of The Sound of Music. It was well done. I finished the male masks using the shoestrings as ties. Then I texted the lady to tell her that her order was ready. We made plans to meet tomorrow.
I ate the rest of the heartloaf for supper. I also made a salad. There wasn't time to watch Royal Pains, so I just read some e-mail, then made my usual nightly drink. We watched two episodes of Supergirl. Chris went to bed and I stayed up as usual.
* Not a good day for paper products. Also, all the other aisles were marked with arrows showing which direction shoppers should go. But I don't see an arrow in this aisle. *

No comments: