Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Varieties of masks for the family

I got up before 7:30, quite certain I had missed the alarm. I took supplements. I put a new set of bamboo sheets in the washer along with the bags I planned to use as filters. I brushed and swished, and made coffee. I did exercises – all the usual Coffee morning activities including tapping and meditation. Then I vacuumed, cleaned, and mopped floors.
I took a shower, then sat outside and read. I made and ate breakfast. In response to Kurt's comments, I printed a different mask pattern. But then I thought it was too big. I made two more masks, trying out alternate ways of construction. I zigzagged wire into the noses. I sanitized 8 of them and put them in a ziplock bag, then ran to the post office to mail them before it closed. The postal employees did not have masks so I gave them each one.
When I got home, I watched a face mask video by a health practitioner. She tried 4 different homemade masks and fit-tested them at the hospital. She identified one mask that passed the test, albeit with a piece of medical tape. It was made with Halyard H600, which is used for instrument covers. I printed the pattern so I could try it in fabric.
I discovered that Stacey had texted me about walking. I put a heart in a bag and took it over to Stacey's house. Her husband was eager to accept it. He asked when I wanted it, then took it away. She and I went walking around the neighborhood. We only finished when we thought the rain was about to hit. And it did. Soon after I got inside, the rain fell hard. I heated the last of the heart in a pot. I ate the last half of sweet potato, and then ate the heart with rice. I called Faye. She said her OR is expecting 5 people from ICU with Covid and that there is an article on the guy in her church that is soon to get off a respirator. Then I looked at things of Faye's facebook page.
I finished a tapping audio, then made my vitamin drink. Chris and I watched two episodes of Supergirl. Chris went to bed and I listened to a report on the source of the coronavirus. Then I took my last supplement and got ready for bed.
* This is a new pattern that I haven't seen before. *

No comments: