Saturday, April 11, 2020

Maskmaker, maskmaker

I am not sure when I woke up, but we stayed in bed late. I was the first to get up, and it was almost 8:30. I noticed the Air Doctor had a red light on, signifying that the filter needed to be changed. I got the spare charcoal filter from the garage. I looked up the manual online. I swept out the sensor chamber and the reusable pre-filter. I washed that, but Chris said to change the filter anyway. So I put the new one in and reset the filter light. I washed the dishes in the sink. I listened to tapping audios and checked e-mail.
I sterilized the masks that Kurt ordered and packaged them in 4 addressed envelopes, ready for the mail on Monday. I ate breakfast outside and soaked up some sun. I tried to listen to a podcast, but it quit every 10 minutes. I put the frozen meat cupcakes in a ziplock bag so I could wash the dish. I washed both dishes that came from Stacey.
I got in a text vs messaging war. Several people were communicating at the same time. When it quieted down, I went back to sewing. I finished two masks, maybe three, then set them aside. It was still sunny and tomorrow is going to be stormy, so I went walking. I took the 30 minute walk into the woods and back. When I got back, I cut out mask pieces for the next order. I talked to Faye. She was still at home. I looked through all our twist ties, hoping for some plastic coated ones to use as nose pieces. But the pickings were slim. Faye called back later to tell me she got the masks I sent.
I ate pieces of heart meatloaf for supper. I checked more e-mail. I went over to Stacey's house with her pans from yesterday. Then we went walking around the circle, talking about our recent experiences. Then she went home as did I. I moved the poinsettia under the porch roof to keep it out of the storm. I made my vitamin drink while Chris finished his game. Then we sat together and watched two episodes of Supergirl. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to see the pics Faye sent of family wearing the masks I sent.
* I made Dad an instrument mask, but I guess he liked PEACE better. *

No comments: