Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Phone calls


I got up around 8. I brushed and swished and made two cat blocks. I called Mary Ann who left a message on my phone yesterday. We talked for over an hour, and then my brother called. I don't remember exactly what he wanted, but then I had to hang up because Lars called. He is president of the congregation. He told me about the new arrangements for the safe. I told him we are moving.
I made breakfast, and ate it while reading e-mail.
I started listening to the next vaccine episode:
The CDC sells over 4 billion dollars of vaccines for which they hold patents each year. Why are they in charge of vaccine safety and the vaccine schedule? Rotovirus vaccines reduced the incidence of rotovirus but gave rise to norovirus which is more virulent and deadly. A study found that 97% of people on regulatory committees have conflicts of interest. XMRV is a mouse virus first found in prostate cancer patients. Many of our biologicals are grown on mouse cells - mouse derived therapeutics. Viral contaminants come from the cells the vaccines are grown in. Retroviruses were introduced to the human population through contaminated vaccines and blood. But the scientists who discovered that are not allowed to talk about their studies. Age of exposure to the MMR determines the risk. Older kids are less vulnerable than the younger kids.
I paused the video to sit in the sun for 20 minutes. Then I got ready for counting money. I stopped at the post office, hoping to pick up the vitamin C I ordered, but all I found was junk mail. When I got to church, I quickly handled the usual data entry. I wrote a check for next week and put it in the safe, sticking it to the inside of the door so no one can shake it out. I called Bertha to tell her I wasn't coming. We talked for quite a while. She said she looked up Dugway and it was supposed to be like a city.
I filled out a deposit slip for my account and deposited 3 checks at my bank. Then I went to the church bank to deposit the offering. I stopped at Whole Foods for sprouts and a sweet potato. When I got up to the cashier and checked out, she said my card was denied and her lane did not accept cash. The guy behind me offered to put my purchase on his card. I thought he was offering to pay, so I declined and went to the one lane that accepts cash. Later I realized he might have meant that I could pay him back in cash. Oh well. I waited a long time in line, long enough to call Chris to say my card was refused. Finally I got to pay and go home. When I arrived, Chris was talking to the credit card company, getting it all straight.
I went for a walk, noticing a wood fence that was either being demolished, or getting new fence posts. When I got back, I finished watching the vaccine episode. I heated 2 heart meatballs and made salad. For dessert, a square of chocolate. I also watched a video of two emergency doctors go through a bunch of statistics to show that it is better to go back to work, than shelter in place. They said our immune systems get weaker the longer we stay inside, so we will get sicker when the ban is lifted.
When Chris finished his game, we looked at a diagram of Dugway Proving Ground public areas – housing, the gym, commissary, etc. Then we watched the Bewitched movie from 2005 courtesy of Netflix DVD. It was a fun movie. Afterward, Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I took supplements, brushed, and wrote my blog post. 
*  Two cat blocks for the Monday group  *

No comments: