Saturday, April 18, 2020

Gone like the wind

We stayed in bed late, till the second alarm. We had some couple time, just before jumping out of bed to get dressed. Chris sent me the link to the Zoom meeting that Mike set up for 9am. I used it to sign in. But when Chris used it, he discovered that his laptop did not have a camera. So he had to sit by me and we Zoomed together. Mike and Kelly were there, James and Becca were there, Michele was there. Al and Cecily were there, and so were Marie and Carol. We had a nice chat, then Cecily left. We talked some more, and then others left until it was just Michele and I. We chatted some more and then I had to leave.
It was a little after 10:30. I got ready and took supplements. I went to meet Gabby in the parking lot. She sold me a bottle of silver hydrosol. We chatted for an hour, mostly about the economic shutdown. The parking lot seemed unusually windy. When I got home, Chris said our neighbor came over to buy a mask for his brother. I started making two masks 'cause it saves time to make them at the same time.
I took supplements, and made breakfast which I ate while reading e-mail. I put the red clover heads on a cookie sheet and set them in the sun. Then Chris and I went to Publix for groceries. Afterward, I sat outside in the sun and read. The weather had warmed up.
I was expecting a call from Stacey, but instead I talked to Kurt about the extra masks he wanted. She still hadn't called or texted, so I left my phone with Chris and mowed more of the lawn. When she texted, he came out with the phone. I texted her back and then carried the phone with me while I continued mowing. After a bit, I saw her come out my back door. She encouraged me to finish mowing, so I did.
Then we went for a walk. We went to see the flowers that will soon be blooming. We walked through the woods and saw what might be another blackberry patch. When we got back, she said we could walk again after supper.
I put some heart meatballs in the toaster oven, then made salad. When that was eaten, I took the meatballs out and ate them while listening to an interview. The speaker is a systems biologist and says this current situation is being used to transfer more wealth to the .0001 percent. I did some sewing as he talked. I paused it when William called. I think he wanted my take on a guy who says 5G caused the virus. I finished the masks and texted my neighbor that. Soon my neighbor showed up. He asked if he could get a second mask, too. I said I just happened to have made an extra. He bought both.
I looked for fabrics to match Kurt's most recent requests. I heard Chris' alarm ring and knew it would be TV time soon. Stacey texted asking if it was too late to walk. Yes. I made my evening drink. We folded laundry and watched two episodes of Supergirl, then dressed the bed with clean sheets. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to rub coconut oil and baking soda in my hair, and finish a few last things.

No comments: