Friday, April 3, 2020

The sample is in the mail

I ignored my 7:30 alarm and stayed in bed. It had been a long night and I woke up way too early, not able to go back to sleep. I think I did sleep after that. But then I heard the 8:30 alarm go off. So I made myself get up. However it was only 10 after 8. I don't know how that happened. Anyway, I was up, so I brushed and swished, etc. I put on two vitamin c patches. I contacted the place I bought the lab kit from. They sent me a form and I printed it out. I threw it in the Fedex bag and closed it. I re-read the instructions and realized the original box should be in the bag. Sigh.
At 11:30 I made and ate breakfast. I put on my suit and laid outside in the sun, reading, for half an hour. I put on the next chapter of Lizzy Albright, and finished a mask I started earlier. I made the third mask for Kurt and sterilized it. I readied the lab sample for shipment. It was tough because the packing tape kept ripping lengthwise.
Kurt texted me, asking me to model one of the facemasks I made him. So I did and sent him a pic. Then he wanted to see one with ties. But I had already made them all with elastic. I put Kurt's masks in a baggie, and took the package with me. I went to Walgreens to drop off the Fedex bag. I stopped by the dollar store to pick up more red bags on the way to the post office. There I put Kurt's masks in a flat rate mailer and sent it on its way.
When I got back, I took my midafternoon supplements. Kurt must have shared the mask pic with a co-worker because he wrote back to say she wanted some too. I pulled fabrics and took pics so she could choose what she liked. We texted back and forth with Kurt as the intermediary. But I never did find out her final choice.
I cracked both coconuts, drank the water inside, and scraped the meat out with a spoon. Stacey texted me about walking and about wanting to make facemasks. I brought a box of remnants over to Stacey's house. Her husband told me he had completed stage one of the heart's preparation, but he wouldn't tell me what it was. Then she and I walked around the circle at least three times, talking all the way. Not all of our chat was about CoViD.
When we parted ways, I went home. I peeled a hard boiled egg and ate it. Then I made a big salad with half of the greens that were left. I sat down at my laptop to eat. I read e-mail and listened to one or two tapping videos. I called Dad and we had a nice little chat. He agreed he should have a mask, too.
I made my vitamin drink and we watched two episodes of Locke and Key. We got into a heated discussion, but it turned out well. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* It's a little big because it is man-sized. *

No comments: