Thursday, April 30, 2020

Alabama is open - sort of

I got up just after 7. I thought it was later. I brushed and swished. I started sewing two masks that were cut out on my sewing table. I checked my e-mail. Weird things happened when I used the track pad. I wondered if a mouse would work better. I washed up and got dressed. I grabbed a small jar of bamboo salt and went to see my chiropractor.
I got there a few minutes early, but the assistant called me pretty soon. She was wearing a mask, so I put mine on. I followed her to the back room and gave her my bag of stim pads. She put them on my back and connected them to her machine. She told me all the assistants wanted a mask like the one I made for the chiropractor. I laid there for 12 minutes having my back stretched. Then she put me in exam room 2. I paced around the room, waiting. When he came in, he said he got compliments on his mask. I gave him the bamboo salt. He adjusted my neck and then my spine. We talked about how none of the current situation is what it seems. Then he handed me my chart and I went to the front desk to pay.
When I got home, I changed my shirt. I wrote a check and put it in the mail. Then Sherry drove up. I got in and we went to the berry farm. It was a good thing she drove because I thought it was in the opposite direction.
When we got there, the parking lot was almost full of the cars of people picking berries. But we were there for the drive-thru. It was a short line. I handed cash to my friend and she ordered two buckets of berries. The lady put them in the trunk area. Then we proceeded to the person who collected money. After paying, we headed back to Huntsville. We stopped at a place selling plants and produce. I got a cantaloupe and some hydroponic lettuce. Then, on our way home, we were going right past S&R, so we stopped and bought elastic. I asked for white and black. He came out of the store with two hanks and charged me almost $30. I guess 20-yards of each is what people are buying.
Sherry dropped me off at home. I put the hydroponic lettuce in bowls of water. Chris had connected a mouse to my laptop. I told him my credit card had been rejected at both the chiropractor and the sewing store. He called the credit card company and they said they hadn't gotten the payment yet.
I made and ate breakfast. I tried to sit outside but it was too windy. I put the charcoal bags out to soak up some sun. I also put the red clover blossoms out because I suspected they were full of little orange mites. Then I put on headphones and listened to episode 8 of the Vaccine summit. It was about conspiracy theories and all the ways people who ask about vaccine safety are shut down, and pressured to be quiet. Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Glaxosmithkline, the top 4 vaccine makers are convicted felons, paying $35 billion in penalties, damages and fines since 2009 for defrauding regulators, for falsifying science, for bribing doctors, for lying to the public and for killing lots of people.
I took a break to finish the two floral masks, and to put the final touches on an e-mail to the congregation. I sent it to Tim. Then I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I took note of where blackberry bushes were blooming. When I got back, I checked the mail. There was a notice for Chris that a stimulus check was deposited in our account. I asked him if we could donate it to a food bank, and he said yes.
I cut pieces to make 4 new masks. I started sewing while listening to another interview. I paused to make supper. Chris called his parents to tell them that we are moving. Chris promised Cecily that we would work something out for beach week. I ate the last two heart meatballs, and a large salad. I talked to Dad and Faye, both of whom seemed to be doing well. I continued working on the masks until Chris was ready to watch TV. I put the berries in the fridge, and made my magnesium drink. Then we watched the next episode of Inspector Lynley. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog. Since today is the last day of stay-at-home for Alabama, I checked the news. The ban was lifted as of 5pm and most businesses are able to open for a limited amount of customers. I wonder if we will have church this Sunday.
* The plant place had hanging bags of flowers. *

No comments: