Monday, June 22, 2020

A helpful neighbor

I got up a little before the alarm went off, feeling well rested. I brushed and swished. I parsed weekly practitioner supplements and washed my dishes. I cleaned up fabric in the back room. I dusted Chris' half of the dining room table. I cut fabric to make a mask for Jennifer's daughter.
At 10 Julia came over to help me sort and pack. She even thanked me for letting her come. We went through stuff on and around the cutting table. She helped me make decisions and to tape and pack spools of thread. But at some point after 11, I started feeling weak and dizzy. I tested my blood sugar thinking it was low, but it was 116. So I told her I needed to eat breakfast. I followed her outside and we chatted some more, then she went home and I made and ate breakfast.
After breakfast, I went to the post office, but found no mail. I put a square of white fabric over the writing on the quilt and then sat outside and stitched it down. When I came in, rain was threatening. I saw Chris had called, so I called him back. He was in Cheyenne Wy, having driven 1200 miles in the last two days.
After the call, I went for a walk. The rain held off while I went up and down the hill and picked blackberries. Then I picked greens for salad and left them to soak while I took a shower and got dressed. I made a salad for supper, and also had some hummus on celery, and a bite of seed cracker.
I read e-mail until it was time for the Stewardship meeting. It was going to be in the church parking lot, but then hard rain hit and it was relegated to a call-in affair. So at 6:30 I called in. We talked about replacing me, and the proper procedure to count and record the offering. After the meeting, I rewrote a document on the counting process and sent it to the head of Stewardship.
Afterward, I put on a summit episode, and read e-mail. I took the evening supplements, and wrote my blog post. Then I got ready for bed.
* Just a pic I took yesterday at the grocery store. *

No comments: