Thursday, June 4, 2020

The easiest audit

I got up soon after 7:30, and brushed and swished. I finished two masks while listening to a 5G interview. I mowed a little, but the grass was wet and ran down the battery. I plugged in the battery, the took a shower. I wrapped two onion juice packets in newspaper, and went to the chiropractor.
When I got there, the lady at the desk pointed a temp gun at me and took my temperature. I passed with a 97. In the waiting room, I read until she called me back. She strapped me to a table and my back got stretched for 12 minutes. I read again in the hallway, then was put in room 2. I read again until the doctor came in. I gave him the onion juice and told him the Korean clinic was closed. He said how much he enjoyed the bamboo salt. He adjusted my neck and back. I checked out and got a return date of two months. I guess I must be doing better.
I went home, and started my breakfast routine. As it progressed, I listened to Chris' top secret interview, that is, the one for him to get top secret clearance. After breakfast, I listened to Day 2 of Proven.
At 1:10 I headed out Gate 9 to meet Carole. I missed my turn and had to take the next exit and turn around. I went in the wrong entrance to Bridge Street. That made it hard to find the perimeter road, but when I passed it, I made the turn. Then I ended up in the wrong parking lot and had to drive around more to park in the right place.
When I went into the hotel, Carole was waiting for me. We found seats at a table. She laid out all the paperwork for the audit. Since she had already gone through all the transactions for the year, and found that the books were perfectly balanced, there wasn't much for us to do. She showed me all the documentation, and I signed the form. Then we chatted for a while, enjoying talking in person.
When we got up to go, we walked out together to the parking lot. We parted company and I walked down the row, looking for my car. When I got in, I realized I had not memorized the route for getting home. I called Chris, but he didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. So I tried to go back the way I came - without getting lost. I ended up going by the space and rocket center and around to Gate 8.
On my way home, I stopped at the post office. There was no mail. Then I went to the library, but it was still closed. Then I went home, but along the way I saw where bulldozers were digging up trees. It hurt my heart to see it. I snapped pics as I drove by, hoping at least one would be good enough to use.
I took my mid-afternoon supplement, then checked e-mail and finished mowing the lawn. An hour had passed since the supplement, so I proceeded to have supper - the same as yesterday. Chris was on a late telecon. I put on a podcast, and listened while I went through 2 bags of fabric that I'm going to donate tomorrow. We watched two episodes of Legends. I rinsed the sprouts. I took the next supplement. I resumed listening while Chris went to bed. I posted to my blog and used the inversion table before going to bed.
* These trees are being cleared away for some reason. Seems like a shame. Such a loss of life. *

No comments: