Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day

I woke up early, like 5:30. I saw Chris was up and reading e-mail. I went back to bed. I heard him moving around and then he left. I got up again when my alarm went off. I texted Jennifer to see what color she planned to wear. I took supplements and got ready for church. I watered the plants that Chris hadn't taken. I turned on the router so I could log in and turn off the signal. Then I sat down to read e-mail and rain thundered from the sky. I read e-mail until it was time to leave. Luckily, by then the rain had stopped.
I went to church. Traffic was almost non-existent. I met Ron in the parking lot and talked to him on the way in. Then I met Jennifer in the sanctuary to warm up our singing voices. Ed made sure we had microphones. I had practically ruined my voice trying to sing loudly, and chose the soprano line because I could sing it louder than the alto line. If I'd had known there were microphones... Anyway, after the warm-up, I put on my mask and went to talk to Susan. Then Jennifer called me over to change a few words in the last song.
All of a sudden, the filming started. I raced across the sanctuary to get to my pew. Yes, I have to sit in my own pew. There were announcements, and then the service began. I had to take my mask off and walk up front to sing. When I came back, I didn't put my mask back on. It was hot and hard to breathe through. During the sermon, the pastor said that 'fear not' appears 365 times in the Bible. (It was a long sermon and that was only one of his points.) But looking at all the masked faces, perhaps they needed to hear it again. At the end of the service, Jennifer and I sang one more time. And then the service was over. Several people spoke to me, but at a distance.
I went to Publix for a few groceries. I guess I should eat up whatever is left in the house. I made and ate a big breakfast. Then I laid down while listening to an interview from the Gut summit. My phone rang and it was Faye. She wanted to set up a Skype call with Dad. I didn't think that laptop would call my laptop when they both thought Fern was logged in. So Faye had to log out and create her own account. Then it worked quite well. I got to see and talk to both of them.
Chris called while I was trying to help Faye print from the old laptop. When the connection broke, I called Chris back. He was in his hotel in Independence MS after driving for 9.5 hours.
After the call, I went for a walk around the neighborhood and picked some blackberries. When I got back, I ate supper and listened to a Zoom chat on Facebook where the experts talked about what's behind the pandemic. I read e-mail afterward. Eventually I watched three episodes of The IT Crowd on Netflix. Then it was past time for bed.
* A skype pic *

No comments: