Sunday, June 7, 2020

Amazon Empire

I got up at 8:30. I had slept more than the previous night, but still not a good night. A little bit of RLS kept me from falling back asleep. I started my day with supplements, then brushing. I checked e-mail, then showered and scrubbed the grout. Afterward, I dried off and got dressed, casually.
I watched a two hour documentary by Frontline:
Jeff Bezos started Amazon as a book seller, then branched out into so many other things, like collecting data. Amazon developed Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud storage and sold it to the CIA, then a lot of other companies jumped on board. Echo was developed because Bezos saw talking computers in Star Trek. Any time you ask it a question, it makes the algorithm better. They use human beings to annotate the discussions that Echo or Alexa hears, to 'improve the algorithm'. Echo products moved into everyday life, mic-ing every part of your life. Amazon bought Ring, and now gets police departments to recommend it up to people in their community. Ring cameras were just outside, but now there is an inside version as well, and has been hacked to terrorize residents. Amazon designed a facial recognition tool and sold it to police departments. But it is not perfect and is being field tested on the public. It is less accurate on faces with darker skin. Now selling to DoD. Amazon is investing billions in new movies, and streaming services. Amazon pays nothing in taxes. Jeff Bezos has his own space company.
After the documentary, I started watching our church service, which was live earlier. There was an echo in the sound, like having double vision. That made it harder to understand the sermon. I paused it to make breakfast. Then I checked the weather, and decided to read outside while I could. When I came in, I listened to more of the sermon until Chris was ready. Then we went to Publix for groceries. When we returned, we put the food away. I watered all the plants out front and picked a small ripe cherry tomato. Then I finished the church service. I put on an interview from the 5G summit (about the benefits of fiber optics), and listened as I worked on the binding of the quilt.
I opened my sinus rinse kit and read the instructions. I heated some distilled water while getting the bottle ready. But then the water was too hot. So I was trying to cool it down when Faye called. She told me about the weekend that she and Dad had. He'd fallen and cut his hand. She had to take him several places and finally the emergency room to get stitches.
After her call, I had to heat the water again, but this time kept it short. I added silver to the baking soda solution and found the procedure surprisingly easy. Then I had supper: heart, and a big salad using greens and some leaves from outside.
I sat in my chair with the PEMF mat behind me and ate supper while watching another interview.
After Chris beat the bad guys, he came into the living room. I made my magnesium drink and we watched three cross-over episodes, one from Flash, one from Supergirl, and the last from Legends. They were linked so that it was all one story. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to finish my day.
* The binding is almost done. Just a few more inches. *

No comments: