Tuesday, June 30, 2020

So many goodbyes

I did not sleep well last night. I got up with my alarm at 7:30. I took a modified supplement schedule. I vaccuumed the bedroom carpet because it had flecks of mud from picking blackberries. I turned on the router but did not have time to check e-mail. I sewed two dog beds shut and gathered up the third one which wasn't full yet. I started making breakfast. I packed what I needed for the first event and drove to the Tuesday group.
I actually arrived a litte early. I set up my chair while Anita was talking to someone. I handed her the dog beds, and also a bag of unmatched sheets and pillow cases. A few other ladies showed up. A new lady, who was a beginning sewer and now a quilter, showed us a lot of the things she has made. She's been very busy. Soon I had to leave, but not until I saw what Beverly was working on for a set of twins. Anita took a pic of me with the group, then I had to leave them for the last time.
I went home for breakfast. A lady from the dentist office had called me while I was driving, so I called her back, but she was on another call. I packed for the next three activities and went to Dinah's house.
I got there just before 11. Bertha let me in. Bertha, Rebecca, Dinah and I had a chat. Rebecca gave me a bag with an adult coloring pic and tiny colored pencils. There was also a colorwash postcard in there. I pulled out my frozen avocado dip, and gave Dinah the jelly roll that Carolyn had given me. I put my purse in the toy room and a pile of blue blocks on a table on the screened in porch. I signed them with a Pigma pen. Two other ladies showed up and we all sat 6 feet apart and chatted. The time flew, and soon the second wave of ladies came. Bertha and Rebecca left.
I had a nice chat with the second wave, and got a few hugs. Real hugs. And I gave them my blog address. But that time flew by, too. And the third wave appeared. We met them out front. I hadn't seen these ladies in months and they hadn't seen each other. But after the second wave left, the third wave (by far the largest) sat on Dinah's back porch and conversed.
Everything was timed, and supposed to be over at 2:30. But Lauri stayed late to talk to me. When she left, I bid Dinah farewell and thanked her for having the group over. I sat in my car and called Cecelia to say I was on my way.
I went to Cecelia's house with only one misdirection. She was standing on her porch waiting for me. I brought her quilt which I had covered up the writing with squares of fabric. She loved the result. She gave me a glass of tea and we had a nice visit. But all too soon, I had to leave for the church.
I arrived at the church a little early, hoping to get started showing Portia the ropes. Since she wasn't there, I put together the offering forms from 2020 and 2019, and left them in a desk drawer. Then she arrived and I showed her how to enter the data in ServantKeeper. In fact, I had her do most of it, and print the reports. I would have stayed longer but time was short. Once she had her keys out, I drove off, intending to get to the bank by 5 to make the deposit.
I did make it by 5, but I had to wait in line. By the time I got to the drive-thru window, it was 5:07, but they took my deposit anyway. Success! All activities done for the day, I went back to base.
While I made supper, it started to rain. I finished the last of the avocado dip because it wouldn't keep and was already turning brown. I made two eggs into egg salad, and had a few seed crackers. My scalp started itching again, so I put more coconut oil with baking soda on it. I put on an episode of the gut summit and laid down (so the oil wouldn't run off my head) to listen. I paused it when Chris called. We talked about the usual things. He said the air quality there was good most of the time. After the call, about 8, I drank magnesium water. I watched an episode of The 4400, then took the push-catch supplements. I downloaded pics from my phone and posted to my blog. I put aloe on the large mysterious bug bites that have appeared recently on my legs. I wondered if there were mosquitos in my bedroom.
* One of Beverly's bee quilts *

No comments: