Friday, June 19, 2020

Civilian Award

I got up at 7. I brushed and swished. I squirted cleansing water into my sinuses. I got dressed and watered the plants. I filed more fabric from the sewing table, and sorted a pile of batiks and hand-dyeds in the sewing room.
I checked e-mail, and listened to an interview on relationships with Paul McKenna . Chris went to an awards ceremony. I took off my headphones and continued listening. I washed one corner of Cecelia's quilt, but the writing did not come out. I laid it out in the sun. I sang the songs for Sunday.
I had started making breakfast, when Chris came home. He had a Civilian award medal. I sewed a rip in my shoe. I
finished breakfast and the interview. I tried putting straps on the reclining lawn chair, but it wasn't enough. I researched how to fix the stim unit. As it turns out, there are two kinds of batteries inside. One is expensive but replaceable. The other is cheaper but soldered in. From what I read, even if I did manage to replace both batteries, it would then require reset codes.
Chris and I dropped off paperwork at the Housing office to let them know we are moving. Then we went for walk around the neighborhood. Afterward, I washed the straps of my black-and-white purse and left them to soak. Less than an hour later, we met Rob and Carla at a Mexican restaurant called Las Trojas Cantinas. They wore masks, but Chris and I did not. I got the shrimp in a glass with a long stem. We had a nice visit. They insisted on paying for the meal.
We came home around 7. I rinsed the purse straps and hung up the purse to dry. I brought in the quilt, not certain that the letters had faded. I ate three frozen strawberries, and watched a tapping video. Then we watched two episodes of Legends. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up a little longer to look at new EMS units that might use the pads I already have.
* This restaurant has a horse theme, but the word 'trojas' doesn't have anything to do with horses. *

No comments: