Monday, June 29, 2020

This whole thing feels so wrong

I got up at 7:30. I started my supplement regimen. I went after the outside bins with a brush, intending to bring them inside. But there was a little bit of moisture inside so I left them in the sun to dry. I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I went through my surprisingly extensive collection of used wrapping paper, tissue paper and gift bags. I thought it might be a good thing to stuff in a bin because it is light enough that I will be able to lift it afterward.
At quarter of 10, I went to the dealership to have my oil changed and general inspection. The man who took my keys said it would take 90 minutes, so I sat in the waiting room to read. But there weren't many unread pages left, so I watched a renovation on TV. (I am glad it wasn't my house). ½ hour later, the man came back to say my car was done and nothing was wrong with it. I paid at the window and picked up my car. On the way home, I stopped at Thrift Mart to look for a reclining lawn chair. I did not find one, but I noticed the store had arrows in each aisle. I can't figure out why people think that's a good idea. (Gabby says it's because I haven't worn a mask long enough) Then I went to a $ store. I found a lawn chair there, bought it, and went home.
When I walked in the door, I checked my phone and at the exact same time, Lars called. We talked about church financial stuff and he said goodbye. Then I called William to tell him that the dealership put some expensive synthetic oil conditioner in my car. William said it wasn't necessary, but maybe just this once wouldn't hurt.
I made and ate breakfast. I opened the lawn chair and laid on it in the sun. When I felt I had had enough sun, I came in. I collated bags of bows, and used paper. I worked on the hall closet. Then I heard the rain hit hard. At first, it didn't bother me but then I realized I had left my car windows down. So I rushed out to put them up and got drenched in the process.
I changed my clothes and went back to sorting and packing.
Just after 3:30, I went to the post office and picked up two packages from Swansons. I was surprised that the inside of my car seemed dry. Then I met Gabrielle for a massage. Since I was her last client for the day, she talked to me for an hour about current events and how this whole thing feels so wrong. At this time last year, we would have thought such things would never happen. She spent the next hour giving me a massage and it felt like more than an hour, but when she left the room, I saw the clock and it was only 6. I got dressed and went to her office, where I paid her and we talked some more.
When I got home, I made egg salad and sat at my computer. Chris called, said it was 40 in Dugway this morning. I can't handle such low temps in the summer! I had to hang up with him so I could finish my egg salad and make a vegetable salad. After eating, I brought tubs in from the garage. I put bags of fabric scraps in one, and bags of unfinished or partial projects in the other. I watched two episodes of The 4400. I didn't feel so good so I took the charcoal binders early, and the magnesium later. Then I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.

* This was in my unfinished projects pile. *

No comments: