Monday, July 27, 2020

And now the desktop is up and running

I woke up hearing Chris moving around. I know it was before 6:30 because I heard Reveille played later just after Chris took his shower. I went back to sleep, and when I woke up, I was alone.
I got up at 7:30. I took the protein supplement and set the timer. I found a broom and swept the kitchen floor and I cleaned under the burner grates. They are heavy and not conducive to cleaning. I also looked for more plastic shelves to add to the ones in the pantry but I only found two and I need them for the sewing room.
I spent all morning trying to organize my supplements and superfoods. I can't believe it took so long. I made up a bunch of 'push' doses. Michele called because she was filling out an application, but I did not know the answer to her question.
I was finally making breakfast when Chris came home for lunch. I ate breakfast while he ate lunch. He dropped me off at the post office on his way back to work. I told him I could walk home. I would later regret that decision when I discovered that the package waiting for me contained 4 bottles of olive oil.
I continued to unpack and organize DVD's and other media. How is it we have so much? I fantasized about having a yard give-away. Chris picked me up about 2 and we went to the visitor center. It took a few minutes for me to get a three year pass, but it was a painless process. Now I can get on post by myself.
When Chris dropped me off at home, I put on a bathing suit and laid out in the sun. Being an hour after solar noon I was surprised how little of the porch was in the sun. But I laid out for 20 minutes anyway. I moved my tomato plant to where I thought it would get more sun. Then I changed back into regular clothes.
I unpacked all afternoon, sometimes in the living room, sometimes in the den. I found the DVD player. I was surprised to hear rain. It rained just a little, then everything dried up again.
I watched an upsetting video of a pregnant woman refusing medication because it might affect her child. A policeman held her down while the nurse injected her. From context it might have been a sedative. I thought it was illegal to perform a medical procedure on an adult without their consent. It appeared to be an American hospital.
I made a salad for supper. I heard Chris come home and then the doorbell rang. Johnnie and her son came by for some book boxes. They also took a lot of paper. There were plenty more they could have had. I found the cord to my embroidery machine. I turned the power on and sewed a few stitches. It seemed just fine.
After supper, I unpacked in the dining room. Then Chris and I put the desktop system together and got it working. The sound was a problem, but it got solved. The driver for the wi-fi card was a pain so he just hardwired it. I put some shelves together in the fabric room. I went looking for another set but never did find them. We watched three episodes of Lucifer. Hopefully we can connect up the DVD player and watch a movie tomorrow.
Afterward, I was going to take the 'push' supplements, but they seemed to have disappeared. So I took the 'catch' ones, then brushed and swished and wrote my blog post for today.

No comments: