Thursday, July 23, 2020

No. 5 was right - No Disassemble!

I was awakened by the sprinklers pounding on the back door at 6:15am. Each circle they make takes 3 or 4 minutes. I could see where the shed interrupted the sprinkler so that the other side of the shed had only patchy grass. But the back porch was soaked. I'd better remember that.
I brushed, swished, and used the nasal rinse kit. I wrote my blog post for yesterday. I forgot to post it right away because I got caught up ordering more health foods to replace those that might not have made the move. I worked in the kitchen, wiping items and putting them away. I opened two more boxes, and found highly relevant stuff this time, but still no toaster oven. I found more supplements, but not the expensive practitioner supplements. I cleared a space on the kitchen counter and made two weeks worth of supplements. I added the two that were running out to my order before submitting it.
As I ate, I listened to Del Bigtree talk about how antibodies offer immunity against bacteria, but T-cells offer immunity against viruses. I paused it to go lay in the sun for 20 minutes. But it turned to 40 minutes because the sun hid behind a cloud for 20 minutes. A man from Housing came by to introduce himself. He said this house has been empty for 3 years and to let him know if we see something off. Hmmm.
If my trombone were in a box, it could only fit in a wardrobe box, so I unpacked wardrobe boxes. Some were labeled L/R Clothing. Those were filled with coats. Some were labeled Fabric, and yes, they were full top to bottom with fabric. I unpacked my suitcase and a box of clothing. The clothing smelled a little musty, so I threw them in the dryer. But it was hard to open the door now that the washer and dryer are reversed. So I got a screwdriver and was determined to change the hinges from one side to the other. How hard could it be? After a bit, I pulled out the instructions. Halfway through, I realized they were instructions to a different dryer. I pitched them and got out the right booklet. I had to disassemble the whole door, move the hinges, and then reassemble it. Sigh. (Chris could have done it, but I can do it without swearing!) Then I turned on the dryer and let the laundry air out.
Chris came back to tell me Faye had called. She and Kurt were practicing with Skype for tomorrow, when we all Skype with Dad for his 83rd birthday. So I got on my laptop and talked to them. I noticed an option to change my background. I tried out the handful of choices, and there was the option to add a pic. So I took a pic of Faye and Dad with my phone and used it as my background so that it looked like I was there with them.
After the call, I heard Chris out back talking to his parents. So I went out there to participate. We had a lovely chat, and then I went back to unpacking. Chris helped me move laundry baskets of fabric into the fabric closet where I stored them on shelves by color.
When I emptied the fabric wardrobe boxes in the master bedroom, I looked for more of them. None in the fabric room or the guest room. And then, in the garage, I found one labeled L/R Crafts. There was a kite, a guitar, several tension rods, a foam roller, a rolling cart, and A TROMBONE! No crafts. I was so glad to see it! Chris pulled it out of the box and I hugged it.
For supper, I cut off half of the remaining steak and heated it in a Korea bowl on the stovetop. I also made a large salad. I ate the two together at the dining room table. I organized spices and put them in the cabinets. I put a few bottles of oil there, too. And then Chris said we could watch TV anytime. So I made my glass of magnesium water and we watched the last episode of Legends. I didn't know it was the last, so it came as a shock. A cliffhanger, of course. So then, having no backup plan, we re-watched the first two episodes of Lucifer. Afterward, I took the evening supplements, and used the nasal rinse. I brushed and swished and posted to my blog, then got ready for bed.
* Just one of many things that got damaged in the move. *

No comments: