Sunday, July 26, 2020

Away with the boxes...

I got up about 8 and hunted down the first supplement and took it. Then I went back to bed and did some vMy laptop had been sitting at the computer desk which is less than 10 feet from the router. Since my ears are ringing extra loudly, I decided to move my laptop to the back bedroom.
I unpacked some boxes in the diningroom, hoping to find supplements. I found the mid-afternoon ones. I unpacked the desktop computer. I listened to an interview on dangers of mercury in fillings.
We sat on the couch to join the Zoom group with the chaplain at 11. We waited and waited. I messages Johnnie and she said it was on Facebook, but we had trouble finding the right group. But I think we caught most of the sermon. Very traditional, but the song was modern and played on guitar. I went back to my laptop and watched Nick Ortner tap. Then I remembered it was breakfast time. So I went to the kitchen to pull out the breakfast box and I realized I was out of the three main ingredients. Well, one I had bought yesterday. There was a pinch of the second left, and the third I had to substitute with coconut flakes. I wrote down a list of what I used to put in my breakfast as best I could remember. Then I threw in some spices, etc. The bowl was not as full as usual, but I had bananas to make up for it.
I was in the back, reading e-mail, when the doorbell rang. Chris answered it and it was a man who came to pick up boxes and paper. He had a pickup truck and Chris helped him load the boxes. I chatted with him and he offered to help us if we needed anything. His family lives near Tooele so he drives there a lot.
After he left, taking an amazing amount of boxes, but not all of them, I unpacked in the dining room, flattening out papers that I pulled from the boxes because it compresses better that way. Chris was trying to work on e-mails for work. So I moved to the den and started unpacking boxes of books and putting them on shelves. There were many boxes of quilt books and magazines. Pretending to be a box of books was the one marked “Open First” which had supplements and superfoods in it. I was SO glad to see it. I called to Chris and he came back to see it.
After finishing his work, Chris came and helped me unpack. We cleared some space under the windows and I assembled some plastic shelves there. But still there were not enough shelves for all the books. And there were the boxes of videos, DVD's and CD's. So I asked Chris to put the white shelving unit in the hallway. He also put the small brown shelves on either side. We filled them past capacity with media. We piled 20 empty boxes by the front door. I messaged Johnnie to see how many she wanted.
I made a salad for supper and ate it while watching the Huntsville service. I also made egg salad and ate that too. Myra called, so I paused the service to talk to her. I enjoyed our chat. Afterward I listened to a talk by Dr. Vernon Coleman called “We are victims of the greatest crime in history.”
I made my magnesium drink and sat on the couch. When Chris was ready, he came over and pulled up Netflix. We watched several episodes of Lucifer. Maybe when we find and unpack our DVD player, we can watch movies instead.
* I took Faye's suggestion of using hangers for curtain rings. *

No comments: