Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Boxing Day

I had a bad night: Chris stayed up until 1 playing a game. I couldn't sleep due to that and the itching and thoughts running through my head. After he came to bed, I got up to put argan oil on the bites. They were noticably bigger. I also tried vinegar again, which helped for a while. I tried lavender oil, too, and charcoal.
I got up at 6am to start supplements, but on a restricted schedule to make things easier. I packed supplements in boxes according to how soon I would need them. I packed special foods like flax in a box that I hope to open first when we move into the house. I put up tape on the hall bath announcing not to pack items found there. Then I removed everything that should be packed, into the other bathroom. Chris was also using the bed as a no-pack zone, so we removed everything from the headboard that should be packed. I locked my purse in the trunk of my car.
I made breakfast from the box that I packed last night. It seemed to have everything in it except the teapot, which I won't need if I am not using cold bone broth from the fridge. I emptied that container today and decided not to open another one because they don't close well. I read e-mail while eating breakfast and using the PEMF pad, possibly for the last time before being packed. I also sanitized my keyboard before packing the sanitizing wand. I packed up my sewing area and dropped the leaves on the table. I dusted here and there as surfaces were exposed. I vacuumed as well. I unplugged all the peripherals on the desk computer and laid them out for packing.
I went outside and cleaned the dried grass off of the lawn mower and trimmer attachment. I swept the porch. I started raking clumps of dried grass until I realized that whatever bit me yesterday might be in the grass. I went in and laid down for awhile. I was tired but couldn't quite go to sleep. I got up, and set up my laptop at dining room table. That's what Chris was doing, so I joined him. My legs itched something fierce. I rubbed aloe on my bug bites, then went to the post office, but there was no mail. I read e-mail for awhile and put on more aloe. After the men left at four, we went to Goodwill to drop off a couple of boxes. When we got back, I rubbed more aloe on because it seems to make the bites crust over. Then each one gets a tiny amber crystal in the middle. And I can't resist flicking it off.
For supper I ate a duck egg and the rest of the chia pudding. I also ate some strawberries and blackberries. I went for a walk and picked a handful of blackberries for the road. When I got back, I was able to delete a few more e-mails. Eventually I cleaned up dust and dirt under the kitchen table. I threw out a bunch of recycling and bubble wrap in the laundry room. When Chris was ready to watch TV (which had been packed up), I made a mug of magnesium water and sipped it as we watched two episodes of Legends on his laptop, sitting amid the boxes in the livingroom. Chris got an itch under his arm. I checked it out, and he has the same kind of bite. I swear I could happily scratch myself bloody when it gets bad.
The men got a lot done (kitchen, livingroom and sewing area, hall closet, and parts of the master bedroom and sewing room) and they only worked from 10:30 to 4.
They plan to come at 8 tomorrow morning to finish the job.
Now Chris is in bed and I am going to invert for perhaps the last time in Huntsville, then go to bed.
* If anyone knows what bit me, please share. *

No comments: