Saturday, July 25, 2020

Happy 83rd birthday

The sprinklers woke me up at 6:15. But I went back to sleep. Reveille was not played today. I got up around 9 and took the first supplement. I brushed and swished. I read about hard water vs soft water. Soft water is better for skin and hair and irons and washing machines, but hard water is better for drinking and plants. Soft water has elevated sodium content and contaminates picked up from the pipes.
I took a shower. The tub in the master bath is particularly deep and there are no handholds, nor any shelves to put soap and shampoo. When I find a shower curtain for the other bathroom (which also has no hand holds), I will try that one. While I was showering, Chris was on a telecon. After the shower, I got dressed and finished unpacking a box of fabric and sewing stuff. There were two thread stands in the box and some of the spool pins were broken off. I took a pic for my file of damaged items. I continued to unpack sewing stuff. One of the tubs was smashed in. I took a pic of that, too.
Then I made and ate breakfast. I resumed unpacking. I messaged Johnnie about any community Facebook pages, and she directed me to Dugway24/7. I joined, then posted the paper and boxes as free. At 1 I laid outside for 20 minutes. Then I read e-mail until Kurt Skyped me. Soon Faye joined in, with Dad, and we wished him a Happy 83rd Birthday. I played with backgrounds, settling on a beach scene. Then Kurt suggested a gif file. I downloaded one, but when I tried to use it as a background, the motion went away.
After 2 and a half hours of chatting, we ended the call. Chris helped me move boxes and shelving units around in the fabric room, hoping to maximize storage and still have room for the cutting table. Walking back and forth to distribute items to where they needed to go, I thought this place is like a palace compared to where we used to live. It is spacious, but everything is so far apart. There needs to be a half bath near the kitchen.
Chris ran to the commissary to get more tortillas but they had just closed. So he used the last of the bread. I heated the last of the steak, and went through a box in the garage while it cooked. Then I made a salad to go with it, and sat down to eat. After supper, we walked to the post office. The front desk was closed, but there was a key in our box which opened a larger box and I picked up a package from Swansons. On the way back, we ran into Johnnie, the other quilter. We had a nice conversation and agreed to see each other's stashes sometime. Then we went home. Not long later, she came over with containers of food. I showed her my fabric closet which isn't big enough for all my quilting fabric. She said her fabric wouldn't fit in her closet either.
Chris and I watched three episodes of Lucifer. Usually we only watch two episodes, but it was so nice with Chris was rubbing my feet. I got very relaxes and we went to bed without blogging or the usual preparations. I woke up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep, so I turned off the wi-fi and went back to bed.

No comments: