Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Never underestimate the fabric

Last night I rubbed ozone cream on my bites before going to bed, and I slept through the night. We got up at 6. I was in the middle of a dream when the alarm went off. It slipped away pretty quickly. I took the first supplement, then showered and got dressed. Because nothing was where it used to be, it took extra time.
I rubbed ozone cream on the bites again. I went to the garage and folded up the inversion table. My back started to hurt. I rolled up a rug from the bathroom. Chris helped me vacuum the other one. I emptied the dirt from the seed starter tray and replanted the only sprout left. I watered the plants in pots, knowing that some of them will not be making the trip. We threw out the plastic bin from the back porch because it had cracked badly and was falling apart. The empty plastic pots inside will have to go. Jennifer has a place to turn them in at, but I don't want to drive back out to the church. I rubbed a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda on the bites just to empty that dish so I could wash it for packing. I rearranged things on the kitchen counter to make it obvious which things should get packed.
About 7:30 I got started on breakfast. Also had some kimchi. I read e-mail and saw one from my friend Joyce. She recommended a Benadryl bite stick and cortizone cream. We had some hydrocortizone cream somewhere, but where is it now? The bite stick sounded like a good idea. Chris' bite doesn't itch much. I'm so happy for him.... I reminded him that the boards under our bed broke when we moved in. He said it was too late to replace them now. He didn't have the dimensions or a vehicle to transport them with.
The moving men were supposed to come at 8, or at least be in line to pass through the gate. But since they did not arrive until 9:30, I am guessing they were not waiting at the gate at 8. I continued to read e-mail, jumping up now and then as I thought of something I should do to 'help'. I hope it really is helping. I rubbed more aloe on the bites because I still have a piece of aloe branch sitting by my laptop. I emptied some jars from the fridge so they could be washed and packed. I jotted notes for my blog, hoping they will be useful for the next move. The movers are writing an 11 digit code on every box. If I had thought of it soon enough, I could have printed it out on labels to save them time.
I listened to podcasts as I watched the guys pack. I answered questions as they came up. I meditated (though it was hard with all the ripping tape and crunching paper noises). I rebounded one last time. I listened to podcasts and cleared e-mail. I wish I'd kept my supplements with me instead of having to run to the bedroom to get each one, dodging boxes and men.
At 11 Chris went to Burger King to buy them lunch. Watching them pack, I thought of all the effort it will take to unpack it all. The guy packing the fabric room ran out of size 3 boxes, of which they'd brought over 100. I finished watching the July 5 church service. I did online searches for Dugway recycling, notes about the area, etc. I finished off the blackberries and nearly ate an inch worm that was crawling in there. (I'll bet he was wondering why this summer was so cold). I drove to the post office and checked the house mail, but there was nothing, not even junk mail.
The men packed up a little after 4. The foreman said they were 95% done. He said four people will be coming tomorrow, instead of 3, to finish the packing and then to load the 53 foot truck that is coming. (Where will they park it?) Y'all pray it doesn't rain, please. I wonder if the guy who changed the three-day packout to a two-day packout underestimated the fabric. Chris and I went into the sewing room to look for my embroidery machine so we could write it down as a high value item. He saw blue stickers on the boxes and thought they were from a previous move so he began removing them. Once he realized they were current, he put them back, though not necessarily where they came from. Yikes.
Chris and I took a walk around the neighborhood. My legs began to itch something fierce. I wiped the baking soda off of my legs when I got home. For supper I ate pickles and a can of veg soup. For dessert I had frozen strawberries and three squares of dark chocolate.
I gathered all the used potting soil in two large containers. I put the chosen plants aside, and put the rest in my trunk. I drove them to the 'dump' where I have rescued plants, and left them for others to find. I kept the pots and some of the soil and returned home. I put the soil where it could dry out because one of the men agreed to pack it if it was completely dry. I pulled up the shepherds hooks and put them all together. I vacuumed the master bedroom, and used a dust broom on the wooden floors.
We watched two episodes of The Legends. I drank a cup of magnesium water, and hunted down my evening supplement. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog, but no more inversions until our stuff arrives in Utah. Now I will sleep in our bed for the last time in Huntsville.

No comments: