Saturday, July 4, 2020

One last swim

I woke up early with hot flashes. Finally I got up to check the time. I convinced Chris to give me a coconut oil massage, then he went back to sleep. I watered my plants and read e-mail. I took shower, and got all the coconut oil out of my hair. I listened to a podcast on “Apollo”, a device that straps to your wrist or ankle to trigger the parasympathetic system. It was worth looking into.
I put the remainder of my fire cider in a small jar. I changed into my bathing suit (which I had to retrieve from my suitcase), and put clothes over it. On my way to the car, I scooped up a pot of tonic herb from the Korean doctors. Then I drove to Jennifer's house.
I met her husband in the driveway. Jennifer came out to greet me. She showed me the plants around her pool in the back yard. We spent some time in the water and then she brought out lunch. She served a waldorf salad and a bowl of assorted olives with cuts of cucumber. It was very good. I had brought my breakfast supplements to take with it. She said Canada was closer than Utah. I never thought of it that way. (BTW she's Canadian.) After lunch we got back in the pool. The sun was hot and bright for awhile, but then it faded. We got out of the pool and dried off. She gave me packets of tea, and promised a good home for our cedar tree. I took our selfie before we said goodbye.
When I got home, I changed out of my suit. I finished the podcast, and listened to another presentation on lab results of using Apollo. It was shown to reduce stress and improve performance on a special stress test. Though it did not say it helped induce sleep, I decided it was worth the $300 sale price.
I packed up supplements near the Berkey. I searched for On Guard, an essential oil blend that I was going to use on the abscess, but I could not find it. However, the type is so small on essential oil bottles, that I might have missed it. I walked back and forth in a state of anxiety, feeling like I should be doing something to prepare for the move, and not sure what that would be.
For supper, I ate a packet of tuna, then I made a lettuce salad, and ate it in front of my laptop. I watched videos of new mask designs. I also looked for the video showing how the air inside a mask loses oxygen quickly, but I could not find it. I got up to get dessert, but Chris wanted to talk, so we had a long talk, not sure what about. I was going to have dessert, but then remembered my decision to eat half a cup of kimchi a day. So I ate that and a square of chocolate.
We watched half of Iron Road, a three hour movie from Netflix. Every so often I would hear fireworks and run to the window, But I never saw anything in the sky. Sigh. I have been a good American for a whole year - I deserve to see fireworks.
Chris went to bed. I stayed up to take supplements, and do all that pre-bed stuff.
* Jennifer and me after our swim. This reminds me of the song "Come Saturday morning". *

No comments: