Sunday, July 12, 2020

The Ponderosa

I did a few stretches before going to bed last night and I felt fine. However, when I woke up this morning, my back hurt and I wondered if I would be able to get out of bed. Very slowly and carefully, I did manage to get upright. I had to walk gingerly to the bathroom. And from there it started to ease up. I did my supplement routine while Chris read e-mail, then took a shower and got dressed. I got online and ordered another shower filter, which should arrive about the same time that we get into our house. I packed my supplements for the day in a little white box which I put in my purse. Chris went to get the hotel breakfast. I made my breakfast. After eating, we gathered our stuff together and loaded the dolly. We took our stuff out to the car, only dropping two items, and packed the car so we could get on the road.
First we stopped at a gas station, then started the next 400+ miles of our journey. We listened to the book on CD. The rest areas we passed were closed, so we took an exit and went to a gas station. But it was so busy that I walked to the hotel next door and used their restroom. The reception was bad so I turned off my phone. As we drove, the terrain changed. Trees gave way to wide open spaces. It was like we were driving on The Ponderosa. We didn't see Little Joe or Adam, though. We finished the book on CD, started another one not long before we arrived.
We pulled into Laramie about 3:15, but it was 2:15 local. I waited at the car for Chris to come back with a dolly. I saw a large black bird walking around the parking lot, unafraid. When he arrived, we loaded dolly and I held stuff in place while he pulled it up to our room. It occurred to me that Amazon was going to send the shower filter I ordered to Huntsville. I tried to correct the address. But there was no way to change the address once the order went through, so I canceled it and re-ordered. I tried to add astaxanthin to the order, but Amazon said it could not ship it to the Utah address. Sigh. Chris called the little hotel on Dugway and they said they were full up for the next week. Double sigh.
I was so tired, that I laid down and tried to sleep. But sleep would not come. So I got up and checked some e-mail, then suggested we go for a walk. Chris came to a stopping place on his laptop, and we headed out. I had no particular destination in mind. We passed a movie theatre and a bunch of restaurants. We ended up stopping at a steak place. We had a choice of eating inside or outside. I thought outside under the pergola would be nice. However, towards the end of the meal, it started to rain. I stood next to the building to stay dry while Chris finished his fries. Then we went inside and paid. The best (not) part was running back to the hotel and getting soaked.
We watched three episodes of Legends. Because of the time zone, it was still daylight and my body was confused. Chris told me that the difference between daylight and dark is greater here, which means that extra daylight in the summer means extra darkness in the winter. That is a very depressing turn of events.
Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* Chris pointed out this bridge, but I don't remember what he said about it. *

No comments: