Monday, July 6, 2020

Getting ready for the big day (or days)

I got up at 8 and started supplements. I irrigated my sinuses, brushed my teeth and took a shower. After getting dressed, I started packing things from my sewing room. I listened to parodies on Facebook, and then watch a video. I put small things in baggies. I taped thread ends to spools. Before Chris left to have lunch with his friends, he gave me two masks that he got in Utah and asked me to add nose wire to them. So I cut some wire and poked it through the binding into place. Then I stitched on either side of it to keep it from shifting. I also finished the laundry he started. I sanitized my phone and masks with UV light.
At 11, I participated in a Zoom call with the Monday group. At most we had 8 ladies. But it was fun to chat with them. Afterward, I made breakfast. When Chris got home, he mowed the lawn, probably in preparation for the pre-inspection this afternoon. I folded laundry while he was out there, mowing and then cutting down the overgrown poke weed. I packed art supplies in my sewing room.
I had to untangle my sweet potato vines from the lines holding the blinds together. I hadn't realized it had tangled so much. I put it in a jar, and took it to my car. I also grabbed another plant and Chris brought the tomato plant. He drove us to church where we left the plants for Jennifer. I also left the last offering sheet in the office for whomever takes my place. On the way home, we kind of passed Goodwill and then I remembered that I had some stuff for them (back at the house). Sigh.
I trimmed the lawn with an attachment to the mower. I packed up my sewing machine, and started hardboiling duck eggs. A lady from Housing stopped by to do a pre-inspection. We showed her all the things that never got fixed. I told her about the fence, and she said they'll probably take it down.
I made seed crackers, and hardboiled another dozen duck eggs. Sadly I dropped one, and I ate one for supper, so I only have 22 now. I also ate a can of vegetable soup, and half a dish of chia pudding. I made oatmeal cookies with the two soft bananas. Then I took a walk around the circle. I was going to eat chocolate and blackberries, but I forgot. I filled a jar with blackberries and took them to my neighbor.
I packed 16 breakfasts by filling three large containers with cacao, chia/flax mix, and a mix of all the rest. I spent quite a bit of time packing up my special foods in the kitchen and hoping they don't pack the cans and tuna. I don't know if I have enough boxes to take all the stuff I want to take in the car.
I needed a break, so we watched one episode of Legends. I found mosquito bites all over my legs, possibly from mowing. It was awful! I thought I was going to scratch holes in my skin. I went to the bathroom and found a blue dropper bottle. I couldn't remember what I had put in it, probably vinegar. Anyway, I doused the bites with it and they subsided a bit. Then I sat down to write to my blog.
We decided to put in the tub what we didn't want the packers to box up. But I don't think it's big enough. I searched my blog to read about our other moves. It seems I may be up all night sorting and separating. Sigh.
* See that sweet potato vine headed for the ceiling! *

No comments: