Friday, July 10, 2020

One down, three to go

When we woke up, my throat did not hurt any more. I made breakfast and took supplements. I washed up and discovered two new bites. I put ozone cream on all my bites as a preventative measure.
We left the hotel, went to our house one last time. I watered the plants. Chris packed the car with the plants and things we left in the tub (like my sewing machine kit, and his coffee pot). We threw out the shower curtain from the master bath because it had mildew, wich never washes off. I cleaned out the fridge and put freezer packs in the coolers, then put in the most important food from the fridge and freezer. Some things got thrown out. I took the leftover kimchi from the gallon bucket and put it in a small jar. One simply does NOT throw out year old kimchi! There was not enough room in the coolers for the freezer packs, so I put some in a plastic bag and threw in the kimchi and banana cookies (two different things). He also took out any remaining trash. The towels went in a box along with a night light that was left in the bathroom. We took one last look around for anything that might have been missed. But we left the partial rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom.
We left the house about 10:30 and went to Housing to turn in our keys. After that, we went to WOW to turn in the router. It was drop-off only, so Chris called them to make sure there was nothing else we had to do. However, it took so long to reach them that he had me hold the phone while he drove towards Ardmore. After 20 minutes, he got to talk to a live person and she took his info and said everything was ok.
He waited until we reached the interstate to start the book on CD. I had a little CD player hooked to my car stereo. I chose a short book, only 3CD's long and we listened to that as we drove. We went through Paducah, but only stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and buy backup batteries for the CD player. Chris' phone was also plugged into the car stereo but it did not get power so almost ran completely out. Luckily I had a back up phone battery in my purse and was able to recharge his phone - which was running the GPS. Thanks, Faye.
When that book was over, I pulled out another book on CD. But it was not nearly as good. There was a lot of unnecessary drama. As we drove, I pulled out the duck eggs, then the carrots and seed crackers. We looked in the gift bag of food that Julia gave us. I ate some of the chocolate and Chris ate a bunch of the vegetable chips. We kept going until we reached the far side of St. Louis. Then we stopped at the first IHG hotel. Chris got us a room and a dolly. We loaded the suitcases, laptops and temperature sensitive items to the dolly to transport them to the room. When getting out of the car, I noticed that my right leg and hip hurt. I tried different stretches to work it out, but the discomfort remained. Yikes. I thought we made really good progress driving 450 miles in one day, which is 25% of the trip.
We each ate a banana cookie. Then I took off my shirt and draped a towel over me so I could eat some of the kimchi. My goal was to eat half of the jar, but I guess you just can't binge eat kimchi! Chris tried to do a change-of-address online, but the site didn't work properly. He tried using another browser, but it would not cooperate. He was not a happy camper! I jotted notes for my blog and deleted a bunch of e-mail I might have read under other circumstances.
I drank a cup of magnesium water and took evening supplements. Then we laid on the bed and watched two episodes of Legends. Afterward, I took the last supplement and posted to my blog so we could retire.
* A bridge we went under on the way to St. Louis. Wouldn't it look great on a quilt? *

No comments: