Saturday, August 1, 2020

Enough to start our own lending library

As usual, the bedroom brightened considerably around 7:15. I suspect that is when the sun rises above the wall on the patio. I wasn't feeling rested, but I got up anyway to do the usual morning stuff. When I rinsed my sinuses, there was blood again.
While waiting between rounds of supplements, I watched repair videos on Youtube but none were like the problem I was having or the kind of player. I took off the top and could see a CD stuck inside, way in the back. I searched the garage for needle-nosed pliers but had no luck. I tried wrapping tape inside out around the ends of two chopsticks but it wasn't sticky enough to put the CD out. I took off the back of the player, but that didn't give me the access I needed. So I took off the front, although it was still connected with wires. Then I could see that not only was a CD stuck in there, but also one of the trays that I thought disappeared in the move of 2011. (I played CD's in it many times after that). They were both stuck under a strut and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how that happened. I was able to tease the tray out. And with me pulling up on the box the strut was attached to, and Chris pushing and pulling on the CD from the front and side, the CD came out. It was ruined of course, but the player was working again! Music transforms a room, as much as new paint on the walls or rearranging the furniture. I called William to tell him what the problem was and that it was fixed.
After the call, I made breakfast and ate it while posting to my blog for yesterday. I set some seeds to soaking for sprouting. I put on my bathing suit and laid in the sun, reading a book. Then I put on music, and unpacked paperbacks and DVD's and VHS tapes. I put copies in the donation box. Chris went through a box of mostly his stuff. William called after work.
I continued unpacking, until we stopped for supper. The salad greens were gone, so I made egg salad and ate a can of bean soup. I unpacked a kitchen box, and wrapped up all the mugs except the broken ones. Then I went through all the cookie cutters and selected many for donation. Chris was on the phone with his parents so I participated in the conversation.
I put on my walking shoes and we went for a walk. We stopped at the post office, then went home a different way. The sun was still pretty intense at 7:30. When we got back, I made a magnesium drink and sat with Chris to watch several episodes of Lucifer. Then he helped me download an app for Apollo. I had charged the device but apparently you can only operate it through the app. We watched one more episode and then I sat down to write my blog post, while Chris finished up at his laptop.

No comments: