Saturday, July 25, 2020

Hurray for pillows!

I got up around 8:30, and took the first supplement. I found a box of pillows which we put on the couch. Yay! When I signed into my laptop, it told me that the camera was on and that I could use the kill switch. I looked up 'kill switch' and found out that it was a small switch on the side of my laptop that I never noticed before. So I turned it off. It also said f.lux needed to update and that I should restart the computer. I could see it had rebooted overnight, but I let it reboot again. That became a problem because all the open windows were closed and the web addresses lost.
I wrote my blog post for yesterday. Then I tried to get my windows back, but it was too late. I went through my history files, deleting all but the latest copy of each thing going back to June, but I guess most of my open windows were older than that.
I started reading e-mail. Normally I try to keep unread e-mail under 200, but it was over 400 today. Then I realized I hadn't actually posted my blog entry, so I did that.
I ran out of prepared breakfasts, and did not find the box with the key ingredients yet. I didn't know if I should replace those ingredients, or wait to find them (if they can be found). I made as much breakfast as I could and ate it while reading e-mail. Then I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I unpacked two boxes in the diningroom. One of them was sewing room stuff. I wished I had a step counter for all the walking back and forth that I did. It would be high!
I put on shoes and we hunted down the cooler and put some freezer packs in it. Then Chris drove us in to Tooele. We stopped at a drug store where I bought shower rings and kombucha. Then we went to the nutrition store. I shopped there while Chris went to CAL to look for epoxy. Then we went to Macey's for groceries and filled the cooler. When we got back to base, we stopped at the shoppette for cheap wine. I noted that they had shower curtain rings, and for less than half the price. No health drinks though.
We came home, and unpacked all the groceries. I put the cold ones away and Chris started cooking something. Chris cut up a cabbage and I added some kimchi to it and left it to sit and ferment. I used the shower rings to put up a curtain in the hall bathroom. I unpacked another kitchen box and found the toaster oven and mixer bowls. I made egg salad for supper and tried some of the bean salad and fried chicken that Johnnie brought over yesterday. I read e-mail and articles, and messaged back and forth with Johnnie.
Chris and I walked to post office. We had to dodge the sprinklers to get in. When he opened the box, we found a yellow slip instead of a key to larger box. That means we can't get the package until Monday. We had to dodge the sprinklers on the way out, too, but this time I got wet.
When we got back, I unpacked the blanket and quilt for our bed from a box marked 'shoes'. There were a few pairs o shoes on top. I picked up the charcoal packs that were lying in the sun most of the day. I wiped all the cereal bowls and sandwich plates that were unpacked today. I made my magnesium drink and we watched two episodes of Lucifer. Then we made the bed with clean sheets and I posted to my blog.
* Plenty of paper and boxes, and still more to come. *

No comments: