Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Eve

I had RLS in middle of night. I got up to stretch which helped, and went back to bed. It still took me a while to get back to sleep, so I stayed in bed late the next morning.

I decided to have the regular supplement schedule instead of the lemon detox one. I pulled up a Christmas playlist on Youtube and listened to it while I checked e-mail. It was a little distracting.

I took a break to go to the post office with a letter. I came home with 4 packages. Chris opened the boxes for me. I called William to tell him the package had arrived. Then I made and ate breakfast.

I read e-mail, and found some from Kurt from awhile back. I researched stuff to compose an answer. I listened to tapping audios, and read articles about the new vaccines. Then I decided that it was time to decorate. I searched for decorations in the garage. I found two small tabletop trees, but no big tree. I found lots of ornaments for a big tree. I put garland here and there and some red bows and jingle bells. I was sad because I couldn't put up the big tree. I asked Chris to search some boxes in the garage. He found the little PVC elbows that I was looking for in one box. Then he found the big tree, not boxed but wrapped in paper.

The tree was in three pieces which we set up quickly. Then I fluffed out the branches and put green garland and lights on. Then I hung all the white and silver ornaments on it (except for the little trombone ornament which is gold). I washed up and got dressed for Christmas Eve service. I listened to part of a video, then we went to the chapel.

I gave the colonel's wife a lip balm. I sat at the very end of the second row. Chris sat up by the advent candles. When the service started, the chaplain said a prayer, and then Chris read the reading and we sang a carol. Over and over again. Then just before the end, the chaplain gave his sermon about the source of evil being the hearts of men. We sang one last song, then it was over. I talked to a few ladies and handed out more lip balm. Chris was at the door, so I hurried up and we left.

When we got home, it was nice to be greeted by a lit tree. I changed my clothes and ate supper. Then I finished listening to whatever it was and read e-mail at the same time. I don't think I did either one well. I heard Chris make popcorn in the kitchen. It wasn't 8 yet, but I made my evening drink and we sat in the livingroom to watch TV. We watched three episodes of RoD. I got sleepy so I went to bed. Chris turned out the lights and router and came to bed.

But then I remembered an e-mail from Paypal saying I had a negative balance because the number on file had expired. So I got up, Chris turned the router back on, and I tried to remedy the problem. But the system insisted on linking to a bank account or debit card. Chris was adamant in his refusal to let me do either one. I checked on the site for other options but didn't find any. I tried to contact them but the system said no one will be available until Monday morning. Sigh. I typed up my blog and got ready for bed.

* Why does "Home Alone" seem like the perfect Christmas movie? *

No comments: