Sunday, December 27, 2020

Geode grand opening

My phone was not near the bed, so I did not hear the 7:30 alarm. I think we might have noticed the 8:30 alarm. Anyway we slept in late. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage, then got on his computer. I took a shower, then dressed for church. I took supplement and finished the last 20 minutes of the 3 hour interview from yesterday. I went on to other e-mail.

At 10:55 we went to the chapel. There was 30 seconds left to the countdown. I greeted the chaplain and he said he didn't think we were coming. (Hey, we still had 30 seconds!) We sat down and soon the service started. After the service, Johnnie introduced me to her daugher Rebecca (who likes to knit). I thanked Eileen for her gift of a beehive ornament, and we went home.

I made and ate breakfast. I changed my top and got the hair cutting kit. Chris set up a chair by the front door. I cut his hair in the way he asked. He vacuumed up the hair but not all came up. So I swept with a broom, which got up more. I hunted for a bucket big enough to accommodate the mop. But no. So I used a big bowl. I mopped the floor there and in the kitchen. I watched various interviews while reading e-mail.

We went to Brian and Jonnie's house. Brian had a bunch of geodes and he opened a bunch, some had been cracked open. We had a good time scrubbing them and exclaiming over the patterns inside. Rebecca's dog hung around. Then we all went to the dining room for supper. Brian ladled stew into bowls. We held hands and said a prayer, then we ate stew and cornbread. Conversation flowed easily. Brian got out some special cheeses. Johnnie served pie and cake for dessert. I had a few crumbs of Chris' pie. Eventually I could see it was time to go, so I patted Chris' knee and he stood up. We said our thank you's and goodbye's and bundled up for the walk home.

When we got home, our lit tree welcomed us. So warm and inviting. It was only 7, so I went back to my laptop to clear more e-mail and to post to my blog for yesterday. Time passed quickly, and it was 8:30 so I made my evening drink and we watched two episodes of Republic of Doyle. I posted to my blog and got ready for bed. Oh, but since Chris washed the sheets, we had to dress the bed before I could fully retire for the night.

* He literally asked for it. *

No comments: