Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Ironing stamps works pretty well

This morning I put on the headphones after Chris left, but did not go back to sleep. I got up around 8. I took the first supplements. I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I plugged in the router. I wanted to sit in the recliner but was unwilling to put up with being blinded by the morning sun. Sure, I could close the blinds, but the plants in the window need it. I moved some books around to reposition the plants, then sat down to read e-mail until the sun was shining elsewhere.

At the end of the supplement routine, I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home from work with a package. It was a book I ordered. I watched Chris make his sandwich with the bread crust, so I started another loaf of bread. I read articles, and composed a response to someone's comment on a video. I looked up how to get stamps off of envelops. Someone mentioned a heat gun, so I ironed the stamps off and put them aside for Patrick.

I made a plan to drive to the commissary, walk around that block, then shop and drive home. But I couldn't remember what I wanted from the commissary. So I nixed that idea and decided to walk around the block here. But before I left, I used the restroom and put in a new roll of toilet paper. For some reason, my back decided that was too much. I walked anyway, but it was painful.

When I got back, I read articles, then made a list of people who sent me a birthday card. They'll be at the top of my list for Christmas cards. I put supper in the toaster oven. Later, while I was eating it, I remembered the monthly meeting of the Rocket City Modern Quilt Guild. I quickly found the link and signed into Zoom. The meeting had already started since it is an hour later there. I switched on my camera, but did not see myself on the screen. No one said anything so I figured they could see me. Later I found the option to activate the video feed, so I did. I had finished eating by then so it was ok to be seen. The president took us through the meeting agenda. At the end, she was handing out prizes while Kelci chose names from a box. One of them was mine! So exciting. And yet for some reason I was struggling to stay awake. The last thing on the agenda was for everyone to open gifts together. Since I hadn't participated, I bid them all a Merry Christmas and signed out.

I listened to an interview from the Essential Tremor speaker series. I laid down for awhile with a heating pad and coats draped over me. When it was over, I almost went to sleep. But I got up and made my evening drink. I asked Chris if he wanted to watch TV a little early and he said yes. So we sat down to watch Republic of Doyle. We saw two episodes and then Chris looked up one of the guest stars. We knew her from Warehouse 13. I brushed my teeth, and then composed my blog post.

* I did not take any pics today, so here is one from last week. Looks like something out of Jurassic Park *

No comments: