Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The last house crumbles

I wore the mp3 headphones at bedtime, took them off after awhile, then fell asleep. I put them back on in the morning when Chris got up and I went back to sleep. I had forgotten to take my phone to bed, so it didn't wake me up.

I got up before 8. I took the first supplements, then washed up and got dressed. I turned on the router and looked at pictures of gingerbread cookies. I decorated the first gingerbread man, first with a border of white crayon, and then with buttons cut from wrapping paper. There was a grease spot on the brown paper, so I made him a bandaid to cover it. I gave a border of white crayon to the other cutouts. I thought there must be some kid who would like to do this. But I enjoyed cutting faces out of paper, and decorating a gingerbread girl.

All morning I snuck peeks out back to see if the excavator was coming to the house next to me. I was ready for my front-row seat. (It's kind of sad when the most exciting thing in your life is watching a house come down.) I took a break from the gingerbread hominids and put the candy cane on the projector. I traced it onto paper and onto cardboard. Then the power blinked. I had to reset clocks. But the desktop area power did not come back on, which meant I had to plug the projector into a different outlet.

Around 11 I made and ate breakfast. Finally the excavator came to the house and ate part of the fence so it could get inside to the house. It was at the opposite end from me so I couldn't see much. Chris came home early. He found the tripped breaker and flipped it back on. He made a quick lunch and emoted about work.

I cut four large candycanes from the piece of cardboard that came from unpacking a large mirror. I found some red and white acrylic paint, then hunted high and low for a paintbrush. When I found one in the garage, I painted the candycanes. I finished about 3:30. I quickly decorated the last two gingerbread people. I took pics of the house being demolished. Then I put the gingerbread people and the candycanes in my trunk and went to the CDC.

When I got there, the parking lot was almost full. I went in the door by the library, and could see that the room to be decorated was full of people. Something was going on. So I left the items on a chair in the hall. I went home and called the director but no one answered. So I sent her an e-mail letting her know where to find the stuff.

I finally got to sit down and check e-mail. I deleted a lot and answered a few. I think I finalized some orders from yesterday. I ate a can of soup and some turkey for supper. Chris came home from work. He said it was going to be 8 degrees tomorrow. And not Celcius either.

I got really sleepy, so I rested in the recliner. Later I got up and ate a pomegranate. I made the evening drink, and cleaned up some from the day's project. I tried to download pics from my phone but there were so many and Chris was waiting. So I left it go, and sat with Chris. We watched the first two episodes of Virgin River. He didn't care for it. Afterward, I brushed my teeth and sat down to write this blog post. We'll have to leave the cabinet doors open in the bathrooms and kitchen tonight.

* Mmmmm. Aluminum fencing. My favorite. chomp, chomp *

No comments: