Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Toys, toys, toys

I woke up early this morning. I thought I heard Chris leave the house, so it must be after 7. No point in using the headohones. But then the trumpet player started and it sounded like he was right by my bedside. I blocked my ears until he finished, then put on the headphones.

I got up before 8. I took the usual supplements, now including Mars Venus minerals for Women. I read in the recliner with the HappyLight and heating pad. I brushed my teeth and swished. I scrubbed a dish in the sink that was stained from holding a plant.

I read e-mail. I got one in my gmail account that said a message could not be delivered because the account doesn't exist. So how is it I am receiving the error message through a non-existant account? I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch, bringing the mail and a gift bag. He said maybe we ought to give out co-worker gifts too. (Did I not ask him this two weeks ago?) There was a package of fabric for a mask. I washed the quarter yard of fabric and ironed it dry.

I finshed watching several church videos. I was underwhelmed with the one for the pastoral candidate. Then I watched some tapping videos. I hunted up the pic of component hookups, but it was for a different receiver. I tried plugging the tape deck into the front of the reciever, but that did not work. Finally I figured it out, plugged in the cord ends to the right connectors and nearly lost my balance when the music blared out. I took a new pic for next time.

I sent a fudge recipe from my laptop to the desktop computer and printed it out (slow as molasses in January). I gathered the ingredients for the fudge. I cut up pieces of dates and left them to soak. I heated up the coconut milk and chocolate. No such thing as low heat with this stove. I wished I had thought to use the double boiler. I finished making the recipe, spread it on waxed paper and put it in the fridge. I cleaned up a little.

I read e-mail for a bit, then went to help stuff stockings at 3. Eileen was there, too. First we (about 6 of us) upacked some boxes of toys that had been donated, and arranged them on tables according to girls, boys, unisex, and older kids. Then we stapled sheets with each kid's name on it to paper bags and put 8 toys in each bag according to the age and gender of the child. There were still piles of toys left and we didn't open half of the boxes. So we put more toys in each bag, then boxes up the rest for some other event.

I was home by 4. I read e-mail, and got interested in RBTI. I put supper in the oven to heat, then ate the fish and the bean soup. I did more RBTI research, and looked at conductivity meters for sale.

I made my evening drink. We watched two episodes of RoD. A great somnolence came over me during the second episode. I hadn't taken all the evening supplements yet. So I just brushed my teeth and went to bed.

* Bowled over by success *

No comments: