Friday, December 4, 2020

Playing with the oximeter

I slept through the night. I suspected it was the Tulsi Sleep Tea. Chris got up first. I stayed in bed hoping to go back to sleep. But Chris came in at 7:30 to tell me my alarm had rung. Because of the red film on the windows, it was less bright than usual, but it was a good compromise over blackout curtains.

I followed my usual schedule. At 9 Chris showered and went to work, to take care of some last minute thing. I listened to waves and laid in the recliner watching the oximeter. It hovered around 93. I tried with mask, and saw the same fluctuations. But the heartrate might have been different.

I started making breakfast, and then Chris came home. It turned out that they have an extra week. I read articles and put items on the list as I thought of them. Around 2 Chris suggested we go to Tooele or wait until tomorrow. I voted for today. So he packed the cooler and got the list. I put on shoes and got my coat.

He drove us to Tooele. We shopped at Luckey's, then Melanie's, then Joanns. I bought paint to replace what I used on the candy canes. Chris stopped at the auto store for windshield scrapers. Then we went to Macey's for the last of the groceries, and went home listening to the book on CD (it's a long book). There were lots of cattle out in the fields.

We stopped at the post office, and picked up a box before going home,. Once there, we took our purchases inside. We put away food, and I washed the cans. I read e-mail and articles, and watched short videos. Chris cooked fish for supper.

At 8:30, we watched one episode of Gilmore Girls. Then we did a o2 test where I called out the readings to him every 15 minutes for 2 and a half minutes. Afterward, I put on my mask and we did it again. Although we did not add up and average the readings, it was obvious that they were similar, around 92. Chris tried wearing the oximeter and his reading was as low as mine.

After watched a second episode, he told me he didn't like it. So I said he should choose what to watch tomorrow. Then I brushed my teeth and turned on the air purifier for the night. I was not too sleepy to finish my blog post, but maybe tomorrow night I'll be sleepier.

* This might be the answer *

No comments: