Friday, December 4, 2020

Tree Lighting and Santa

This morning, I went back to sleep with the mp3 headphones. I woke again with the 7:30 alarm. I actually got up at 8. I took supplements, then unrolled the red plastic sheets from the tube. I measured door windows in my bedroom and went to the sewing room to cut the plastic. But I could not find a rotary cutter for the job.

I brushed teeth and took pics of excavator picking up more slab pieces. I read e-mail and replied to Kurt. I tried the oximeter while sitting at the computer, but it got in the way of typing so I tried it on my toe. But it did not work that way. I watched an interview on breathing. She said to breathe horizontally, not vertically. I used the oximeter with different breathing patterns. After the rock and roll breath, my o2 went up to 98. She said older folks exhale becomes too weak, and leads to feeling like not enough air. Exhalation is not just relaxing the diaphragm. She recommended stretching the intercostals. I began the breakfast process, keeping an eye on the excavator ripping up the driveways next door. Chris came home and brought me a package. It was full of Swanson stuff. I put each supplement in its place, combining powders where possible.

I watched The Highwire. He talked about symptoms of the frontrunner vaccines, vs symptoms of covid. The placebo group had more people with symptoms of covid. But the vaccine group had more people with symptoms of adverse reactions than the placebo had covid symptoms.

Quantas airline will be requiring vaccine passports for international travel. Hospitals are advised to plan time off for health care personelle after vaccination, and to stagger vaccinations, so they won't all get sick at the same time. The 4th phase of trial is post-marketing, where the vaccine is given out to sectors of the public and (hopefully) monitored for signs of infection and adverse reaction. Even doctors and nurses are hesitant to get the mRNA vaccine. Swiss say info is missing from the drug study reports. Doctor said the PCR test has less than 3% accuracy rate at cycles 35 and over. Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg, epidemiologist and public health expert, says govt is betraying the people. He made a petition asking that vaccine studies be stopped until problems are addressed: Due to lack of accuracy with PCR, Sanger sequencing should be used. Also rule out other viruses. In addition, SarsCov2 spike protein is similar to syncytin-1, which is part of the placenta which keeps mother and baby separate. If antibodies to SarsCov2 mistake the protein in the placenta as the enemy, women could become infertile. We need testing to determine if infertility happens or not. The public should tell their elected officials that they will be personally held responsible if they allow a dangerous vaccine to be given out.

I wrote some checks and got them ready to mail. I drove by the post office to drop them off, then went to the CDC to view the decorated room. I spoke to a bunch of ladies. The colonel's wife was there. I got to take pics of the room where the kids will get to speak to Santa by portal, which was good. Sadly the portal is very small. A big screen would be nice, but they didn't have time to set up and debug such a system.

When the group broke up, I drove home. There was about an hour before the tree lighting ceremony. I cut up the red film and adhered it to the windows in the bed room. There were four phone-sized rectangles left over. I put one on my phone to see if I could read through it. Yes. I tried them on my computer screen. They didn't cover it all, and I discovered that the touchscreen option has somehow turned itself back on. I had to look up how to turn it off again. Putting the red rectangles on top of each other blanks out the ads on the right side of my screen.

I watched Huntsville church service. I realized it was 5pm so I put on my warmest coat and drove to the hotel, which was on the next block to the tree lighting. But the trumpet played just as I got there, so I had to stop in the middle of the street and wait. When it was over, I parked in the hotel parking lot and walked around. I met my neighbor and we walked to the tree area. An elf was handing out programs, such as they were. It was cold enough that I put on my mask for warmth. But when the singing started, I had to pull it away again. Then Santa was driven up in a fire engine. He waved at the kids for several minutes. Not that there were all that many children. After he drove off, people wandered away, some to the CDC to meet Santa electronically and some went home. I thought it would be a good idea to walk to the nearby segment of street that I have never walked on. That way I can cross it off my map. Well, the temp dropped as I walked and my fingers (gloved) became icecicles. When I got back to my car, it read 32 degrees. But in the few minutes till I got home, it went down to 28.

Chris was home. I had seen him briefly after the tree lighting, which he missed because of something that happened at work just as the day ended. He pulled four sweet potatoes out of the oven. Then he went off to Mass. I stood by the oven and warmed my hands, rotating them constantly. Finally I sat down to jot some notes for my blog. I had a lot of notes.

Supper consisted of sweet potato, a can of artichoke hearts, and a packet of tuna (time to go shopping). I read e-mail until Chris got home. He was quite cold, and thoughtful (he resisted placing his icy fingers on the back of my neck to warm them up). He made himself the usual burrito and ate a sweet potato.

I did some research to answer one of Kurt's e-mails, then worked on my blog post. All of a sudden, it was almost 9! I made my eveing drink and put in a packet of Tulsi Sleep Tea. Then we sat down to watch an episode of Sherlock. I drank the tea and took magnesium supplements as we watched. I also checked my O2. When I first put it on, it was 85. It climbed up, and then back down again. I emptied my lungs and took a fresh breath, and the reading went up. When the show was over, my reading was 96. Chris wondered if it was calibrated correctly.

I was so sleepy that I didn't post to my blog. I went straight to bed. I still didn't fall asleep right away, butI stayed sleepy long enough to nod off. I don't know when Chris came to bed.

* I made the large candycanes and gingerbread man on the back wall with the help of the transparency projector *

No comments: