Sunday, January 10, 2021

Exploring options for the Swap Shop

I slept well after taking off the mp3 headphones. In fact, I slept through both of my alarms, waking at 8:45 and getting up right away. I think I did awaken briefly for a few hot flashes, but I felt well-rested in the morning.

Because of schedule contraints, I went back to the supplement routine instead of the lemon water routine. I read about what happened to the Branch Davidians while sitting next to the Happylight. Later I got dressed and we went to church at 11. I spoke to Eileen for a few minutes. She asked what I would charge for fixing a tied quilt that the batting had bunched up on. But then the service started, so I quickly sat down with Chris. After the service, I rushed over to talk to Rusty about the swap shop. Chris joined us and then Eileen and Jenni came over. We decided to go over to the swap shop together at 2 to see what conditions were.

When Chris and I got home, we changed our clothes, then I made and ate breakfast while Chris made and ate lunch. I read e-mail until almost 2, then we drove over to the swap shop. Chris brought some boxes of stuff from the garage. We let ourselves in and soon Eileen joined us. As we explored the place, including the stacks of books, Jenni arrived. We discussed how to fix it up, and make it covid-safe, and how it could be run. It will be my job to write up a proposal which has to be signed by the chief medic.

Jenni needed some ties for an art project at the school, so I invited her over. She followed us home and we went into the garage to get the ties. Then we talked about stones, and she left. I went back to reading a very long article about the FED. Chris put vegetables in the steamer and cooked them soft. I called Faye and talked to both her and Dad. He was quite talkative, though I could not make out everything he said.

I put some steamed vegetables in a bowl with a packet of tuna for supper. Chris watched American Werewolf in London in the living room while I continued to read. I loaded another sleep track on my mp3 headphones.

Then around 8, I made my evening drink. Chris stopped his movie and we watched the 5th episode of Voyagers, which was the last one on the disc. Then he suggested we watch a DVD he picked up at the swap shop. It was called Ultra-man and he used to watch it as a child. I had never seen it, so we watched one episode. The FX were crude by today's standards, and the Asians were mouthing in Japanese while their words came out in English. I was underwhelmed, but Chris seemed to like it.

I went back to my laptop to write my blog post for the day, and then get ready for bed.

* I don't have any pics from the swap shop, so here is one of my magnesium drink under pressure. *

No comments: