Saturday, January 30, 2021

Open source alternatives to Fbook, Ggl, etc

I loaded the mp3 on my headphones last night and listened to it and the regular track. Then I took off the headphones and went to sleep. I slept through the night and woke around 7. (No trumpet playing!) I stayed in bed until Chris got up.

I asked Chris to squeeze my lemon for me. I started that process, read by the Happylight, then checked e-mail to find a heart project. I didn't find the one I had seen before, so I searched the net and found a similar one. I read the instructions, then went to my sewing room to pull fabric and make the project. I took a pic of it, then went to Facebook to announce the project to the Dugway community for next Saturday. That part took a while because Facebook kept finding ways to distract me.

I ironed and cut white fabric strips for the border of the row I made yesterday. I made and ate breakfast, then watched part of Day 4 of The Greater Reset: They talked about decentralized social platforms that big tech can't sink. Dweb, FLOTE, LBRY/Odessey. LBRY gives out tokens for watching a video a day.

I pause it and walked to the post office to pick up some packages. I chatted with the lady at the counter, then walked home again. We checked the list, then went to Tooele, shopped at the usual places, and came home. We put away the food, and I listened to more of the Day 4 presentation:

I learned about dWeb, which stands for decentralized webb. Using Signal, or Threma instead of Messenger 'cause Messenger collects a lot of personal data. Use Proton or Nord VPN. Search engines: Duck Duck Go, brave, Presearch, DAO=decentralized autonomous organization. Can be used for voting. OS: linux, whonix, Qubes. Browser: ubuntu, crypttab. Email: Ctemplar has 24/48 encryption. Phone: Librem 5 phone has kill switch for camera. It is neither Android nor ios. On most smart phones, you cannot make certain the camera is off when you are not using it.

I made more green mix and more spice mix. Then I put supper in the toaster oven to heat. I listened to a panel discussion on the health effects of 5G. I paused it at 9 to make my evening drink. Then Chris and I watched two episodes of Voyagers. We stopped in between to look up some of the actors. After the second one, I moved to my laptop to write this blog post. I tried out the url for stealingurfeelin.gs. I had to turn on my camera for it to work. At the end of the 6 minute video, it gave me a list of things I like, a guess at my IQ and a guess at my income - all from watching my face during the video. Then I got ready for bed.

No comments: