Friday, January 29, 2021

He got the shot

I listened to a sleep hypnosis track last night before I went to bed. It might have helped because I think I slept through the night. I got up about 7:45. I squeezed a lemon. I read by the Happylight. I wanted to download the Youtube sleep hypnosis track so I could load it to my headphones. But that turned out to be quite a project.

I noticed the recycling was still inside, so I got dressed and took it out. There was a maintenance truck in the street, just sitting there. I decided there wasn't enough recycling to be worth rolling the bin through the snow. Then I read e-mail until two men came to strap down the fridge so it can't fall forward (which also keeps me from being able to clean underneath it.)

After half an hour, they were done. I listened to Day 3 of the Greater Reset:

Grow your own food. Some cities will give you money to start a flock of chickens because it lowers the amount of food waste that goes into the trash. Growing rabbits is better than growing pigs or cows. Seed suggestions: sweet potatoes (Murasaki), eggplant (Pingtung), tomatoes, peppers, Three Sisters Garden (corn, beans, squash (tromboncino) grow well together). Save seeds for trading and replanting.

I made and ate breakfast. I put on The Highwire. Lee Merrit, MD, was saying that she reviewed old literature on HCQ and it showed great efficacy against all viruses, which means flu vaccines might not be needed any more. Michele called with a question about carrot cake, which I was able to answer. Then, while we were chatting, Cecily called. She thanked me for praying for them because their trip to get innoculated was so easy.

I walked to the post office, and picked up a bunch of packages. Thankfully I knew about two of them so I had brought a large tote bag. I chatted with the lady at the desk. She remarked that the parking lot for the coin seller was full of people waiting for their turn to go in and buy coins. Then she had to go, so I hoisted the tote bag to my back and headed home.

I started reading e-mail, then realized it was almost time for the sew-along. I set up my machine at the den countertop. I got out the pieces and threaded the machine. I logged into Zoom and was let in by the moderator. They were waiting for a few more people so I putzed around for a bit. Then Kerry explained what we should do with our pieces, one step at a time. I worked a little ahead since it was so simple. But I was not the first one finished, because I had done a three-part strip wrong. I had to take it apart and recut some of the pieces.

Chris came home and made himself supper. When I finished sewing the pieces together, I left the Zoom group, which was almost done anyway. I heated up supper for myself. I heard Chris get a phone call, and he said he'd be right there. So I asked him where he was going and he said to get the shot. It seemed so sudden and I had a bad feeling about it. He showed me a pic he took of his car stuck in a snow drift this morning. I offered to drive him, but he declined and headed out. I started praying very hard.

When he came back, he seemed fine. We had a discussion about reported side effects. He hadn't heard about the physician in Florida that got thrombocytopenia and died. I unpacked the tote and opened the packages. There was a DVD from Netflix and we watched two episodes from it. It was the second disc of Voyagers. Then I wrote up this blog post and got ready for bed.

No comments: