Monday, March 29, 2021

A helpful neighbor

Although it took awhile to fall asleep last night, I slept well. I heard my alarm go off in another room, but since Chris didn't get up, neither did I. It was unusual for him to stay in bed, so I stayed with him, just in case. After he got up and sat at his laptop, I got up and checked on the worms. I also checked on the musroom block and spritzed it a bit.

I sat in the recliner and read Phillipians chapter 3. The sermon last Sunday was from that chapter and since no one has mention that this is Palm Sunday, I thought today's sermon might be from Philipians also. I also read from another book while the Happylight was turned on. Then I checked and deleted a bunch of e-mail. Finally I washed up and got dressed for church. I searched for garden products online until Chris was ready to go.

We drove to church although it was nice outside and we could have walked. We had time to talk with Johnnie and Brian and Eileen before the service started. Some of the songs were somewhat familiar but the rendition made them hard to follow. The sermon was from Phillipians 3, and he reminded us about the Easter service being at 7am next Sunday.

When we got home, Chris got on the internet to game with Michele and some male friends. I dropped a bowl while making breakfast and it shattered far and wide. Chris came and swept it up. I am glad I wasn't barefoot.

After breakfast I read more articles from e-mail. Then I took a walk to the garden to check out my plot. Nothing had changed. When I got home, I took my battery tester over to Brian's house. I was mortified that I woke him up, but he said sleeping in the afternoon will affect his sleep at night. He examined my battery tester and determind that the batteries were good, but the dimple in the compartment was stove in. He bent it out a little and then it worked!

Johnnie suggested that he could fix the thread guide on my sewing machine. So I went home and got it. I also brought a piece of the broken guide. But he examined it and decided to go a whole different route. He took a corner support, and made it fit the spot where the guide broke off. He took off the top of the machine and engineered the piece to fit, even putting screw threads into the piece, and cutting a slot for the thread to slip in. And, while the top was off, he greased the main moving parts! When he'd finished putting the machine back together, I took the machine home, then brought back a sweet potato sprout for them to grow.

It was late for the eastern time zone, but I called and talked to Faye. Dad was finishing his supper. So when she had to put him to bed, I hung up and put my supper together. As I ate, I watched Huntsville's Palm Sunday service. With all the liturgy and hymns, it really hit the spot.

I read an article saying three million facemasks are thrown away every minute across the globe. Many end up in the enviroment and the ocean. I listened to James Corbett talk about Biden's plan to cooperate with the committee on internation foreign relations.

I made my evening drink. We watched 4 episodes of In Search Of... One was about the mystery of Oak Island, so I had to look it up afterward. It seems the mystery has not been solved yet and is an ongoing series on the History channel. Then I typed up my blog and got ready for bed, spritzing the mushroom block again.

* a sewing machine, barely alive. But he can rebuild it. He has the technology. He can make it better than it was, stonger, faster... *

No comments: