Saturday, March 6, 2021

They're here!

I did not use the light and sound device last night because it got late. I took half of the sleep supplement and went to bed with the mp3 headphones and fell asleep. I woke up with them on and took them off, then went back to sleep. I was still a little groggy when I eased into consciousness in the morning. I stayed in bed late, then got up about 8:30.

I had a discussion with Chris about EUA's, which put me behind on everything else. I asked him to cook some fish that came yesterday, and he said I needed to call the company and refuse shipment because the dry ice was gone by the time it arrived. Then he took a shower and went to work.

I called the fish company to report the lack of dry ice. She said it arrived on time and I should have checked to see if packets were still frozen. Which is what Chris said. But she offered to reship on Monday. I looked up next weeks weather and told her Tuesday would be colder.

I checked my e-mail and saw that the worms had been delivered. I threw on my coat and walked down to the post office. There were two other packages as well so I wished I had brought a tote bag. I chatted with the clerk, who said she would like some worms. Then I carried the three boxes home. I unpacked the worms first and put them in a box with the shredded paper that they were packed in. I put a paper towel on top and spritzed it with water. Then I unpacked the other boxes. One had crumpled paper in it, so I wetted that and added it to the worm box.

I called Maintenance to report the low battery in the thermostat. First I got put on hold, then a lady took my details and said she would send Maintenance an e-mail because Maintenance is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Soon after that call, I got a call from Maintenance and that lady said someone would come by soon. I was on the back porch getting some manure tea for the tomato plant when the man arrived. I led him to the thermostat (which was no longer reading 'LO'). He pulled the front part off and exposed two AA batteries. Then he left to get some new ones. Soon he was back, replaced the batteries, and was off to his next job.

I made and ate breakfast. I read articles in e-mail and started a puzzle. Chris came home from work and was ready to go to Tooele. I added some things to the list, opened some windows and asked Chris to put the tomato plant outside. Then we went to Tooele. We talked instead of listening to the book on CD. It is the last CD so I guess we are saving it for later. He said I could be the worm whisperer.

We shopped at Luckeys, then Melanies. I told Melanie that I was going to have a worm farm and she said she wanted one too, but her husband felt differently. Then I went to Joanns to find stronger magnets. I got a sheet that might do. I had to wait for someone to come to checkout. After checking out, I joined Chris at his car and we went to Maceys. We got more groceries, and three batteres for the battery tester.

We talked on the way home. We brought the food in and put it away. I watered the compost piles. I cut up the magnet sheet to see if it was strong enough. I put the new batteries in the battery tester, but it still did not work. Chris put fish in the oven for me, and brought in the tomato plant.

I listened to an episode of the Cardiovascular summit. I ate supper, and started a puzzle. Chris laid down and said to call him when I was ready. I finished the puzzle, put away the fish and made my evening drink I told Chris I was ready to watch, but that he could go to sleep if he wanted. He chose to get up and we watched several episodes of Community. Then he was really tired so he went to bed while I stayed up to blog and watched a few short videos on how the CDC is misrepresenting the numbers in the vaccine adverse event reporting system.

* This is the compost pile. *

No comments: