Sunday, March 21, 2021

Rain!!! Wind!!! Snow!!!

I took half a supplement last night and for some reason did not use the headphones. It took awhile to fall asleep, but then I slept well. In the morning, the wind was howling and then the rain hit. It was hard to get up knowing the weather was so bad.

I got up about 9. I made lemon juice. I changed the water and fed the windowsill plants. I used the MindPlace device instad of reading. Then I watched the last tapping of Brad's 5-day challenge. Afterward, I watched part of a session from Re:Union.

At noon I made breakfast and ate it. I took a shower and got dressed. I put together some stuff for the sewing project. I found a few things to do in the kitchen, then put two sewing machines and a bag of fabric by the front door. Chris put everything in the trunk of my car. I discovered it was snowing in great big flakes!

The wipers cleared the front window and I drove to the chapel. I parked, and pulled one sewing machine out and rolled it to the chapel door. I unlocked it and went inside. When I turned back to get the other machine, I saw Chris drive up. I had left the trunk open, so he just walked over and pulled out the other machine and brought it to me. I was so touched by his thoughtfulness, but before I could tell him, he shamed me for not scraping the rear window. I just stood there in shock. He took the other machine to the fellowship hall, so after a minute, I followed with the first one. He put the machines on the table and went home.

I hooked up the machines, then took out some graph paper. I used a highlighter to mark a square spiral on each half. I laid out a project for me, but then the girls arrived. Their mother wasn't far behind. I seated the girls at the unthreaded machines and let them practice sewing straight lines and turning corners. I chatted with their mother as I supervized them. Then I let them pick which style of pincushion they wanted to make, and some fabric. One worked on a tomato pincushion and the other did a square one. Eileen came and had a crochet project. We had a nice chat. Sophia wanted to make a strawberry to go with her tomato pincushion and she wanted beads to go in it. There were tiny beads scattered in my sewing machine case, so I let her pick them out and stuff them in a little triangle pocket that she made. She sewed it shut and attached it all on her own. When the girls were done, the family left. I talked with Eileen for some time and then we packed up and went home.

I stopped at the post office, then went to our house. Chris brought my machines in. I listened to parts of the talk show that I missed, then started another one. I heated some beef for supper. Chris steamed some cauliflower for me. I finished listening to another session, then made my evening drink. I signed into Netflix while Chris made his drink. Then we watched two episodes of iZombie. One episode had pizza in it so Chris paused it to get himself a piece of pizza.

After watching, I brushed my teeth and composed my blog post.

No comments: